• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

.htaccess Problem Rate Topic   - - - - -

• widget
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 01:35 PM #1

I have converted my old site to Cs-Cart v1.3.5 SP2 sucessfully. However, I am having a problem with redirecting page requests.

Many pages in my old site have been indexed by the search engines. If a search was performed looking for "josef original', at some point, a link to my old site would show as nhallmark.com/browseProducts.asp?categoryID=26 . I am attempting to use mod rerwrite in my root .htaccess file to capture this link request and turn it into nhallmark.com/collectibles/josef-originals-collectibles.html. Unfortunately, what comes up is nhallmark.com/collectibles/josef-originals-collectibles.html?sef_rewrite=1&categoryID=26. I can't figure out how to eliminate the ?sef_rewrite=1&categoryID=26 at the end and this is causing problems.

Here is what my .htaccess file looks like for this category:
#Rewrite Josef Originals category references on the old site (pages with .asp?categoryID=26 as part of URL) to point to the proper category page
RewriteCond %{THE_REQUEST} ^GET\ .*\?categoryID=26.*\ HTTP
RewriteRule ^(.[^/?]*)$ nhallmark.com/collectibles/josef-originals-collectibles.html [R=301,L]

Any ideas on what I need to do to eliminate the ?sef_rewrite=1&categoryID=26 at the end?
Gary
Cs-Cart v1.3.5 SP2

• Webrunner
  • Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 08:35 AM #2

did you find an answer to your question? I'm interested