• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Changing Languages In The Admin Area Rate Topic   - - - - -

• imago
  • Members
  • 461 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 02:15 PM #1

Can we use another parameter, different from sl=, to switch the languages in the administration panel, 

say, hl= ?

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 19703 posts

Posted 25 January 2019 - 07:57 AM #2

According to the fn_init_language function, only sl parameter from URL is supported

GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 345     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    CS-Cart RU                         24500 руб.
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 775     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 545      CS-Cart RU + UniTheme    36000 руб.

• imago
  • Members
  • 461 posts

Posted 25 January 2019 - 11:49 AM #3

According to the fn_init_language function, only sl parameter from URL is supported

Thank you. I was asking because when I change the language in my Admin area, I am getteing to another domain corresponding to the language chosen. In most cases, everything works properly, but in one particular case, the addon gets disabled because it has detected an other domain than the licensed one.

I was also wondering if you guys can license an IP instead of a domain and somehow add another checks, say, instances (number of installations). Because, as a matter of fact, I have installed the addon on one domain only. The other domains are parked on it and cannot have different content.

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 19703 posts

Posted 25 January 2019 - 01:58 PM #4

If you mean admin panel, not store-front, there is also "descr_sl" parameter can be used. It is stored in the session and responsible for the language of the editable content.

For example, if you have sl=en&descr_sl=fr in the URL it means that you edit content for French language, but in English interface 

GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 345     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    CS-Cart RU                         24500 руб.
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 775     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 545      CS-Cart RU + UniTheme    36000 руб.

• imago
  • Members
  • 461 posts

Posted 25 January 2019 - 02:15 PM #5

For example, if you have sl=en&descr_sl=fr in the URL it means that you edit content for French language, but in English interface 

Thank you, this also doesn't work because we are looking for string "sl=xx" when switching the domains. We are just landing there when changing the descr_sl to ru or de

• imago
  • Members
  • 461 posts

Posted 25 January 2019 - 02:54 PM #6

if you have sl=en&descr_sl=fr in the URL it means that you edit content for French language, but in English interface 

On a second thought, this can solve 90% of the problem. I extended the condition string to "&sl=xx" and this excluded "_sl=xx". Now I can change the edit languages in the Admin area without going to other domains.

Thanks for the tip! My hero again...