Blog Page Seo Name Ends In -En

At one point my blog page was at www.mydomain.com/blog

But somehow it is now at www.mydomain.com/blog-en

In the SEO add-on I have NOT selected this option and using single URL for all language

Show language in the URL:
Use single URL for all languages:

Also I am NOT able to manually change is back to www.mydomain.com/blog

Also I am NOT able to manually change is back to www.mydomain.com/blog

How many languages do you have activated?

Using one URL for all languages means a lot of doubles and triples, hence -en, then -fr, etc.

For instance, my EN blog is /blog

my RU blog is /блог

but my German blog is /blog-de

because I don't know what different word to use in German for blog

-en and -de and -fr are added for duplicates. If you have many products with one and the same name submitted by multiple vendors, they will be rewritten in this way by the logic of the system

/product-name

/product-name-en

/product-name-en1

/product-name-en2

etc. ad infinitum

All this is PITA if you don't have decent rewrite templates.

Until you are not clear with all the pitfalls of SEO, it is better not to use it for a multi-language site, or you will be penalized by Google.

Had only two languages but now I am down to only English, but still can't fix it.

Open your main Blog page and edit the SEO. If you cannot do that, there should be some other page with the same name somewhere. To find it, use the free addon
Cart-Power: SEO names editor

I am down to only English, but still can't fix it

The other language must have reserved the SEO name "blog", so you have to find it and delete the SEO entry. Then you will be able to save the English page without the -en suffix.

If you are familiar with phpMyAdmin, check the cscart_seo_names table and find row with the "blog" name and rename it. Then go to blog page and change seo name to "blog"

Open your main Blog page and edit the SEO. If you cannot do that, there should be some other page with the same name somewhere. To find it, use the free addon

The other language must have reserved the SEO name "blog", so you have to find it and delete the SEO entry. Then you will be able to save the English page without the -en suffix.

Thanks I will look into it.

If you are familiar with phpMyAdmin, check the cscart_seo_names table and find row with the "blog" name and rename it. Then go to blog page and change seo name to "blog"

Yes i am familiar with it, will give it a shot

i thought about this earlier, i will apply all the solutions here and see how it works.