/var/cache/misc/assets...nofollow, Noindex?

I am constantly seeing google trying to access these links directly which generally results in a 404 because the file no longer exists because the cache has been cleared. Shouldn't these pages have a nofollow and/or noindex appended to the links?

I have no idea if it is hurting SEO but it seems google is trying to access the links just as much as any other.

/var/cache/misc/assets/js/tygh/scripts-7a2298570bc70f294584ccdcba71cf2f1546943178.js
/var/cache/misc/assets/design/themes/responsive/css/standalone.2b900ddbf26e1d3a674368a5f66427ce1546943178.css

I don't think they're links. They are included JS and CSS code (style and script tags). If someone is looking at a history page, that page could be referencing old cache data. But that would be somewhat rare.

I went ahead and added to robots.txt.

Noindex: /var/cache/misc/assets/

I went ahead and added to robots.txt.

Noindex: /var/cache/misc/assets/

Not smart, I suggest you remove it. Google parses pages and by disallowing access to those critical resources, you are making your page non-functional for their algorithm, meaning that they will see a page with no styles or JS.

Yep, I just checked. I thought that noindex would be different than disallow. Oh well.