New Doc For Developers: Using Cs-Cart's Upgrade Center In Your Add-Ons

Hello!

We’ve released a new article for third-party developers. It describes how you can distribute upgrades for your add-on via CS-Cart’s built-in Upgrade Center. It is written in the FAQ format, so you can look through the list of covered questions at the beginning and see if there is anything interesting to you.

Please note that this article has replaced an old one. That’s why we advise refreshing the page when you first open the article, just in case.

Is it based on the same methods as before or did you simplify it so that addons can use it rather than be written for it?

Is it based on the same methods as before or did you simplify it so that addons can use it rather than be written for it?

Could you elaborate what you mean by "be written for it"? Without knowing the problems you faced, I can't say whether they have been solved.

P.S. There are some technical changes (for example, the add-on's Upgrade Center connector code has changed, and is now based on the BaseAddonConnector component of CS-Cart, that already implements some of the necessary logic), but the article should be able to answer most of the questions better than I can. It also explains the process in more detail and answers some of the questions that third-party developers asked us.

It's been a while since I reviewed. Previously you did it where I'd have to provide a service for upgrades which required me to provide a bunch of services for upgrading an addon and no set of standard tools to (for example) take a standard tar archive and have the tools break it into a cs-cart package and the tools configure the product as needed for distribution.