• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Assigning Shipping Costs To A Category Rate Topic   - - - - -

Posted 18 January 2019 - 12:19 PM #1

Hello everyone!

I am setting up a new store and was wondering if it is possible to assign a shipping cost to an entire category of products.

The idea being if a customer orders 1 product from that category, £5 is added to the shipping cost.

Likewise, if they order 5 different products from that category it still only adds £5 to the shipping cost.

Is this possible by default or would it require an addon?

I am pretty new to CS-Cart and would appreciate any help.

Thank you!

• imago
  • Members
  • 461 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 12:36 PM #2

The idea being if a customer orders 1 product from that category, £5 is added to the shipping cost.

No, you can assign only different commission in %%. This is done by a special addon - Vendor plans: Commissions by category

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 19844 posts

Posted 18 January 2019 - 01:08 PM #3

Also you can add shipping freight to certain products 

Shipping freight—the handling fee (insurance, packaging, etc.) added to the shipping cost.

GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 345     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    CS-Cart RU                         24500 руб.
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 775     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 545      CS-Cart RU + UniTheme    36000 руб.

Posted 18 January 2019 - 03:15 PM #4

Having had a play around I think I have managed to achieve what I wanted using the supplier's addon.

I have assigned the products in the category I wanted to a created supplier and created a shipping method just for that supplier at £5.50 flat rate. 

Now when any volume of any product from that supplier is added to the cart, it adds the £5.50 on top of the standard shipping for any other products.

Thanks for the replies, everyone.