• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Cs Cart Remote Mysql Server Rate Topic   - - - - -

Posted 05 December 2018 - 10:26 PM #1

Hi There I am currently installing CS Cart using IIS as the web server and I am using a remote server for the sql database and am getting the errors "cannot connect to database" and "MySQL settings are not valid" I am using the correct user and password for the sql server as well as the database and my MySQL server host is *DNS/SQLEXPRESS can anyone please help me how to correctly figure out how to install cs cart using a remote server. I also know that the permissions are all set correctly because I have used this same remote sql server for the database for other websites using Nopcommerce

Thank you

Hugo Page

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 11001 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 07:36 PM #2

You either have authentication credential issues that are preventing you from connecting and/or permission issues that are preventing you from accessing contents.

Given you have a "cannot connect" error, I would guess that the credentials you are providing are invalid or that your DB is behind a firewall and your server is not whitelisted.

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.