• ThomH
  • Members
  • 1613 posts

Posted 25 November 2020 - 02:37 PM #21

RAM1GB

• Processor 1 Core

what can there bee good !

For low traffic can be good,

but making full backups, restores 1 core processor, 1GB ram, hmm...

takes a lot of time with high cpu load

For higher traffic the DO packages are starting from $40...

WebGraphiq offers a wide range of professionally developed, ready to use CS-Cart add-ons to provide additional functionality and boost your sales. The oldest active CS-Cart add-on development team. -- Since 2006 --

CS-CART ADD-ONS | FREE QUOTE | CS-CART DEVELOPMENT | @webgraphiq

• kaltersia
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 25 November 2020 - 06:07 PM #22

For low traffic can be good,

but making full backups, restores 1 core processor, 1GB ram, hmm...

takes a lot of time with high cpu load

For higher traffic the DO packages are starting from $40...

you buy cs-cart and than you go for a server with 1gb ram and 1cpu core .

why would someone do that  :confused:

when you can get a vps for 5-6$   with a quad core processor and ssd + 4-6gb of ram. 

from my experience that 1core cpu and 1gb of ram is only ok as long as you have a static html page with only 3 pages, home, about us and contact us. 

doing that is like doing this : buy a Ferrari and and limit the speed to max  50kmh. 

if you can afford to buy cs-cart than i'm sure you can afford a vps .

Regards

Adi

• ThomH
  • Members
  • 1613 posts

Posted 26 November 2020 - 08:36 AM #23

Adi,

"when you can get a vps for 5-6$   with a quad core processor and ssd + 4-6gb of ram."

do you have any links?

"from my experience that 1core cpu and 1gb of ram is only ok as long as you have a static html page with only 3 pages, home, about us and contact us."

I don't think so, but respect your opinion.

WebGraphiq offers a wide range of professionally developed, ready to use CS-Cart add-ons to provide additional functionality and boost your sales. The oldest active CS-Cart add-on development team. -- Since 2006 --

• kaltersia
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 26 November 2020 - 12:41 PM #24

do you have any links?

Sure :

https://contabo.com/?show=vps

just the vps server, no panel. you can use centos panel great one. or any other or none.

• ThomH
  • Members
  • 1613 posts

Posted 26 November 2020 - 02:42 PM #25

Do you have any VPS at them?

What are the recent experiences?

In the past we had 4 CPU VPS with a lot of RAM at them, but only issues, daily reboots, slow performace, high TTFB, etc...so left them after 2 months.

If we are talking about VPS in Germany, Hetzner performed better,

international: more Linode, Vultr,  AWS, Ramnode, Digitalocean, Google VPS, in this order.

Newer tested Alibaba cloud, but I'm very interested if someone has experiences with them.

Centos web-panel is good (they had some security issue in the past), but recently a new hosting panel appeared, so called Cyberpanel with litespeed and openlitespeed, runs also on ubuntu, not only on centos. Fast, clear, easy to manage, the security issues had been fixed. Is stil under development, but probably within short time could be good for production sites.

• kaltersia
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 26 November 2020 - 04:24 PM #26

i have moved all the domains to hetzner " dedicated server"  never tried vps at hetzner, now we have x2 dedicated server at hetzner. 

just so you know, support at hetzner is from a scale   1 - 10 ..... 6 and max 7. the hardwares look great so i have no need for support.

i think we stayed at contabo for more than 16 months , we had no big issues. and no daily reboots or slow performance that affected our stores , or in general our line of web pages.   "sure a bit of high TTFB"  you know wat they say you get what you pay for , and for the price is very acceptable.

the server should be closer to clients , less latency/

in my country dedicated servers are way to expensive so i have to go outside my country

"and in the end it doesn't matter if the server is located in Germany , Holland, or France.

but i does matter if the server is located in India, China, Usa, or Australia. 

it looks you know Centos Web Panel i would add   if it comes to a free panel is the best for someone that is new to web panels.

• ThomH
  • Members
  • 1613 posts

Posted 27 November 2020 - 08:27 AM #27

Thank you for sharing your experiences. :)

• ZahidHost
  • Trial users
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 December 2020 - 02:14 PM #28

Hello, I can offer you to try our service https://zahid.host/en/services/cscart/for free at 7 days ( for StartUp a Base plan ) and check speed and our support. We specialized in the CS-Cart and other e-commerce CMS and have great experience in this.

In one package you receive:

- configured and fine-tuned server
- CDN with bot protection
- file/database backups on external servers
- experienced support team

• 500laptops
  • Trial users
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 December 2020 - 03:47 PM #29

@Londonman

You have had many suggestions, and I am sure you must have changed your hosting. Which hosting did you choose? I am also facing the same issue. Hope that your experience will help me.

• londonman
  • Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 21 December 2020 - 08:48 AM #30

RAM1GB

• Processor 1 Core

what can there bee good !

Hi Kaltersia, can you give me a advice for cscart ultimate? I want to put the server on US. Thank you

Posted 22 December 2020 - 12:05 PM #31

i want to buy hosting with domain...anyone here can tell me how can i buy...?

• kaltersia
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 26 December 2020 - 04:59 PM #32

Hi Kaltersia, can you give me a advice for cscart ultimate? I want to put the server on US. Thank you

Hi londonman

There are so many choices for everyone

Just a quick Note

For sure you want the best host for your store like everyone does, but not all can afford and have it.  

so most of us end up jumping from one server to another and the funny thing is that we spend more money for cigarettes than for our own store that makes  possible the cigarettes, the holidays the ....  i'm not going into the details but you got the idea...

not all of it is true, there are some shit...servers that have high prices  and not worth.

Now from my experience 

even if you have a single visitor on your store go for vps  never ever shared hosting."thats just me , shared hosting are not for stores"

if you don't have more than 50 "visitors and sellers" at the same time doing things on your store 

you can easy go for a VPS  with   QuadCore cpu + 4 gb Ram + SSD storage ".

there have to be more calculations to point to the server you need.

• kaltersia
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 26 December 2020 - 05:03 PM #33

i want to buy hosting with domain...anyone here can tell me how can i buy...?

hi there first

sorry for the following comment but if i'm reading right you want to have  your'e online store with cs-cart and have no idea how even to get a domain name and a host, but you still want to do all alone even that you know that you don't know what are you doing :D  
you made my day worth it 

• Ahmed Hany
  • Trial users
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 January 2021 - 04:54 PM #34

X3host support cs-cart in full

• BhavKaur
  • Trial users
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 January 2021 - 09:06 AM #35

Hi, I have not used their services, but, recently, a few of my colleagues have been complaining regarding the services of the company. So, what you can do is you can switch your services and try a third party reseller of either Vmware, Linux, or Citrix. Try once and such things like storage, I think that will not be an issue.