• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Forum Reading Preferences Rate Topic   - - - - -

• al-bert
  • Trial users
  • 23 posts

Posted 29 November 2018 - 10:48 PM #1

Hello moderators,

I can see that the forum is setup to list discussion posts in chronological order, that is, latest post at the end. I'm not seeing any options in my Profile to change that, to read latest posts first, is this forum feature not allowed per user setting? (Perhaps it is and I didn't notice).

Thanks!!

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 11001 posts

Posted 30 November 2018 - 04:24 AM #2

Not that I'm aware of.  Note that these are generally discussion forums so reading backward, you might loose a lot of context and/or ask a question that was previously addressed.

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 18473 posts

Posted 30 November 2018 - 06:26 AM #3

Note that you can set Custom filter

http://prntscr.com/lotewa

GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 345     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    CS-Cart RU                         24500 руб.
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 775     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 545      CS-Cart RU + UniTheme    36000 руб.

• imago
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 30 November 2018 - 06:49 AM #4

I don't know why this and the other forum for the Russian community draw the attention of many software developers. Both forum engines are lacking many features of the traditional forums. For instance, here, one cannot get on-site notifications of new answers to your topics and posts, so I have to peruse all new posts - which is time consuming. New personal messages are not indicated - for all these things, you have to open your mail, which is tiresome...

Many years ago, my friend, who happened to be software developer, told me that to be a software engineer, one must have IQ 55, not more. ;-) When I read the message above "Go to the last unread post" which leads to the post I have just written and of course read, I cannot help recalling these wise words...

• al-bert
  • Trial users
  • 23 posts

Posted 30 November 2018 - 05:30 PM #5

Funny story Imago, maybe your friend is right, we must wait and hear developer opinions about having to have IQ of 55 and not higher! hahahaha  :mrgreen: ...but you know? When I am having trouble with forum modifications, I wish I too, had an IQ of 55  :mrgreen:  

eCom, I don't see that option in my profile, perhaps you, as a CS partner may have more options enabled. Forums do have ample options to give groups and particular members every type of permission.

I am new here, so who knows, maybe it is best if I get familiar with threads before jumping to the end, maybe I learn more, maybe time to change old habits.

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 11001 posts

Posted 30 November 2018 - 06:54 PM #6

When you "follow" a topic you have the option to set real-time notification.  Those notifications come in email.

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.