• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Meet Cs-Cart And Multi-Vendor 4.9.2 With Technical Improvements Rate Topic   - - - - -

• ikoshkin
  • Tech Writer
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 219 posts

Posted 21 November 2018 - 10:33 AM #1

image19.png
We have released CS-Cart and Multi-Vendor 4.9.2. As usual, our blog describes the most important changes in detail, and the changelog has the list of all changes. That's why below we'll simply mention the most important improvements of the new version.

• The support of HTTP/2 headers in responses. This change should solve the problems with PayPal IPN processing and Google reCAPTCHA that occurred on some server configurations.

• The ability for customers who have not signed in to leave comments and reviews, depending on the settings of the Comments and Reviews add-on. Version 4.9.1 always required signing in.

• The ability to allow using a payment method only to vendors (or customers). This works well with the Vendor Debt Payout and Direct Customer-to-Vendor Payments add-ons.

The upgrades to version 4.9.2 are already available in the Upgrade Center. As usual, for the first few days we limit the number of available upgrades and offer them on the first-come, first-served basis. If you don’t see an upgrade in your Upgrade Center, please try again later or in a few days.

P.S. We have released version 4.9.2 SP1. It solves a problem with a payment method specific to the Russian version of CS-Cart. This service pack won't change anything in your store, other than version number. Still, we advise installing it now: the process is as safe as it gets. That way you'll be at the latest version and see the upgrades to 4.9.3 or 4.10.1 once they arrive.

• ThomH
  • Members
  • 1487 posts

Posted 21 November 2018 - 12:42 PM #2

Good news, thx

WebGraphiq offers a wide range of professionally developed, ready to use CS-Cart add-ons to provide additional functionality and boost your sales. The oldest active CS-Cart add-on development team. -- Since 2006 --

CS-CART ADD-ONS | FREE QUOTE | CS-CART DEVELOPMENT | @webgraphiq

• imago
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 22 November 2018 - 11:27 AM #3

First upgrade ever. Went very smoothly and without the feared problems in the language translations. All modifications were preserved.

Great work. Thank you!

PS. I have custom added states for my country. As there are other compatriots using CS Cart, it would be nice to include them in some future release. It is also good for the clients base of any other owner of MV and MV Plus.

• 12ka4
  • Advanced Member
  • Trial users
  • 106 posts

Posted 23 November 2018 - 03:45 PM #4

Getting this error with upgrade, does it have to do with HTTP fix in the release? My store is on HTTPS

2018-11-23 09:40:24: Checking restore script availability via HTTP
2018-11-23 09:40:24: Restore script is NOT available via HTTP at

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 11001 posts

Posted 23 November 2018 - 08:27 PM #5

Getting this error with upgrade, does it have to do with HTTP fix in the release? My store is on HTTPS

2018-11-23 09:40:24: Checking restore script availability via HTTP
2018-11-23 09:40:24: Restore script is NOT available via HTTP at

Probably not.  Most likely it is due to permissions issues along the path of var/upgrade/restore.php

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• 12ka4
  • Advanced Member
  • Trial users
  • 106 posts

Posted 24 November 2018 - 01:10 AM #6

Probably not.  Most likely it is due to permissions issues along the path of var/upgrade/restore.php

Man I disabled security to see HTTP helps and I dig myself a deeper hole, now I can't enable security and no useful error or log messages that I could use..checked all the steps in the documentation still no go.

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 11001 posts

Posted 24 November 2018 - 09:01 PM #7

What do you mean by "I disabled security"?  Do you mean that you switched your site from HTTPS to HTTP?

Did you clear the cache manually by removing the folder var/cache?  The cache should have been cleared automatically after a switch, but if you have permission issues then you'll have to do it manually.

Strongly suggest you review the PHP "mode" that your webserver is running PHP in and set permissions and ownerships appropriate to your configuration.  Work with your hosting company to determine what ownerships are required and what permissions are needed to allow cs-cart to add/modify/delete any file/folder within your site.

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• 12ka4
  • Advanced Member
  • Trial users
  • 106 posts

Posted 25 November 2018 - 06:05 AM #8

What do you mean by "I disabled security"?  Do you mean that you switched your site from HTTPS to HTTP?

Did you clear the cache manually by removing the folder var/cache?  The cache should have been cleared automatically after a switch, but if you have permission issues then you'll have to do it manually.

Strongly suggest you review the PHP "mode" that your webserver is running PHP in and set permissions and ownerships appropriate to your configuration.  Work with your hosting company to determine what ownerships are required and what permissions are needed to allow cs-cart to add/modify/delete any file/folder within your site.

Yes I switched from HTTPS to HTTP, cleared cache manually but still unable to activate SSL. I don't think its server or PHP mode issue because it was working fine until I switched and also I did 4.9.1 upgrade a month ago and didn't have any issue. I have dedicated hosting so I doubt host made any changes on my server. 

• 12ka4
  • Advanced Member
  • Trial users
  • 106 posts

Posted 25 November 2018 - 05:27 PM #9

It was caused by a CS-cart bug, Cs-cart support fixed the issue. I have to say they turned around pretty quick!

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 11001 posts

Posted 25 November 2018 - 07:41 PM #10

What was the fix?

They fixed it on a weekend?  That's pretty unusual.

• 12ka4
  • Advanced Member
  • Trial users
  • 106 posts

Posted 25 November 2018 - 10:32 PM #11

What was the fix?

They fixed it on a weekend?  That's pretty unusual.

They applied it to my installation, not sure of what the bug is, but you are right that was quick, very impressed with CS-cart support.

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 11001 posts

Posted 26 November 2018 - 04:30 AM #12

So you don't know what they did?  Would be most helpful to the rest of the community if you could find out and post the info.

• TommyUK
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 28 November 2018 - 02:37 PM #13

Hi,

I just updated from 4.8.2.SP2 -> 4.9.1 but 4.9.2 is still not showing in my Upgrade Center - it says "No upgrades currently available".

Is 4.9.2 not fulled rolled out to all Upgrade Centers yet?  :-(

Thanks

• imago
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 30 November 2018 - 06:10 AM #14

The current update is 4.9.2.SP1

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 18473 posts

Posted 30 November 2018 - 06:30 AM #15

I just updated from 4.8.2.SP2 -> 4.9.1 but 4.9.2 is still not showing in my Upgrade Center - it says "No upgrades currently available".

Possibly upgrade subscriptions expired and upgrade center does not allow you to use 4.9.2  version. Please check it in CS-Cart HelpDesk

GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 345     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    CS-Cart RU                         24500 руб.
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 775     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 545      CS-Cart RU + UniTheme    36000 руб.

• imago
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 30 November 2018 - 06:40 AM #16

Possibly upgrade subscriptions expired and upgrade center does not allow you to use 4.9.2  version. Please check it in CS-Cart HelpDesk

Just got curious - if the subscription expired are the updates that came out during the lifespan of the subscription (but were not downloaded) still available?

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 18473 posts

Posted 30 November 2018 - 06:50 AM #17

Just got curious - if the subscription expired are the updates that came out during the lifespan of the subscription (but were not downloaded) still available?

Sure, they will be available

GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 345     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    CS-Cart RU                         24500 руб.
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 775     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 545      CS-Cart RU + UniTheme    36000 руб.

• TommyUK
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 30 November 2018 - 09:57 AM #18

Hi,

Thanks

Thanks for replies. 4.9.2.SP1 now shows available for upgrade.  :-) 

• mokeshop
  • Members
  • 990 posts

Posted 01 December 2018 - 09:30 PM #19

what is included in 4.9.2.SP1

• nmb
  • Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 01 December 2018 - 09:43 PM #20

CS-Cart 4.9.2 SP1 solves a problem with a payment method specific to the Russian version of CS-Cart. This service pack will not change anything in your store, other than version number.