• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Attempting To Setup Copy Of Website Locally On Xampp - Admin Page Fails To Open After Database Import Rate Topic   - - - - -

• DylanRI
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 November 2018 - 04:36 AM #1

Hello

I am attempting to create a local copy of our cscart website to test website alterations on.

I have downloaded a backup of the website, and loaded through XAMPP.

cscart Version: 4.2.1

PHP: 5.6.0

XAMPP 3.2.2

When I imported the database through phpmyadmin, and attempted to load the admin page. I received a blank screen with no php error messages.

When i open the dev console on a browser I find the following error.

admin2014.php:1 GET http://localhost/pub...l/admin2014.phpnet::ERR_CONTENT_DECODING_FAILED 200 (OK)

I have managed to narrow the problem down.

When I remove the following line from the table "cscart_settings_objects": (2002, 'ROOT', 'storage', 0, 0, 'I', 'a:1:{s:7:\"storage\";s:4:\"file\";}', 10, 'N', ''),

And and then import the sql file into the database, I receive an error message from php.

I have added a screenshot of the error message.

Thank you for the help.

error message storage.PNG

• galtinbaeva
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 3367 posts

Posted 12 November 2018 - 05:42 AM #2

Hello

I am attempting to create a local copy of our cscart website to test website alterations on.

I have downloaded a backup of the website, and loaded through XAMPP.

cscart Version: 4.2.1

PHP: 5.6.0

XAMPP 3.2.2

When I imported the database through phpmyadmin, and attempted to load the admin page. I received a blank screen with no php error messages.

When i open the dev console on a browser I find the following error.

admin2014.php:1 GET http://localhost/pub...l/admin2014.phpnet::ERR_CONTENT_DECODING_FAILED 200 (OK)

I have managed to narrow the problem down.

When I remove the following line from the table "cscart_settings_objects": (2002, 'ROOT', 'storage', 0, 0, 'I', 'a:1:{s:7:\"storage\";s:4:\"file\";}', 10, 'N', ''),

And and then import the sql file into the database, I receive an error message from php.

I have added a screenshot of the error message.

Thank you for the help.

Hello!

Please add that line to cscart_settings_objects again or import backup again. Then check your configuration in config.local.php file and enable development mode to see the error.

Simtech Development | sales@simtechdev.com | www.simtechdev.com
CERTIFIED CS-CART PARTNER | LICENSES | DEVELOPMENT | ADD-ONS | DESIGN | UPGRADE

Google Analytics Enhanced Ecommerce - get advanced ecommerce analytics