Global Product Options In Mve

I have a client who wants to use global options as a template for their vendors. I.e. they have two options for sizes (2-12 and S-XL) for their vendors to choose from.

The goal was to standardize these options for vendors to avoid confusion for customers.

We can easily setup the global options. But the Vendor selection for those option is "None" or one of the selection of vendors. What we really need is for the Vendor to be "All" (and there's no way to multi-select multiple vendors).

The issue is that when a Vendor adds one of these global options to a product (which should create a separate copy for that product only), the variants in that option are not able to be deleted (or added to).

The customer wants to use the a standard set of size options for a Vendor to indicate what they provide. I.e. if they have shirts in S, M and L but not in XS, XL and XXL, they want the vendor to be able to use the global option as a template but delete the variants that do not apply.

The other trouble is that if the option is brought in by reference ("apply as link") then one vendor can make changes to the option that affects all other vendors. To me, that one is a bug and I've reported it as such.

So how can one provide vendors a template for an option where they can remove the variants that don't apply (adding is a separate issue but they might need to add back deleted items at some point in the future)?

I thought I'd ask how others may handle this before digging into the code and trying to make modifications to allow the vendor to edit the option variants.

Hello!

You can make options types with predefined variants, for example, size, color. When vendor creates option, he will choose the type, and variants will appear automatically. Then vendor should have the ability only to change the status of variants.

Just an idea.

None in this case means none is selected as excluded, in fact All will be able to use this option. So, don't worry. Vendor only has to add any of the two global options with the preset variants.

It was more logical to say All in a drop-down menu with multiple selection, to apply the option either to All or to some of the vendors. Why should we bother to create an option if it will be used by none? ;-)

OTOH, one is global only when there are no other vendors.

This may not be a bug in the technical sense, not even a lapsus linguae, but is a clear-cut case of logical fallacy.

I simply want the Vendor to be able to add/delete/variants to the Global Option that is associated with their product that does NOT have "apply as link" set. As it stands, they cannot modify the Global Option.

In the NON-MVE environment, if a Global Option is added to a product without being "apply as link", then a private copy of that option and it's variants is simply assigned to that product. I.e. it serves as a template. We simply want the same behavior in MVE without having to go in and modify code.

Is that possible?

I simply want the Vendor to be able to add/delete/variants to the Global Option that is associated with their product that does NOT have "apply as link" set. As it stands, they cannot modify the Global Option.

Not sure I follow your predicament.

Created two global options with preset variants. Logged as vendor X, added the two global options and changed the variants as i like - delete, add, enter different value. Checked inventory and created option combinations, also as vendor.

Global options, certainly, selected for None by MP owner. ;-)

PS. Probably my vendors have extended permissions in the MV Plus...