• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Datakeeper Add Option To Exclude Table Data From Specific Tables Rate Topic   - - - - -

• judoscott
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 07:12 PM #1

I am scripting an automated backup and migration solution. We don't need the data from the log table which is extremely large and causing the backup to take almost an hour.

As designed we can currently:

* specify specific tables or the full db to back up

* specify schema only or schema and data

It would be helpful if I could pass arguments that would allow me to backup just the schema of a particular table when doing a full back up. For my case it would allow me to leave out the log data.

• galtinbaeva
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 3200 posts

Posted 15 October 2018 - 04:16 PM #2

I am scripting an automated backup and migration solution. We don't need the data from the log table which is extremely large and causing the backup to take almost an hour.

As designed we can currently:

* specify specific tables or the full db to back up

* specify schema only or schema and data

It would be helpful if I could pass arguments that would allow me to backup just the schema of a particular table when doing a full back up. For my case it would allow me to leave out the log data.

Hello!

Do you need all these logs? If not, you can remove all except records for last month, for example. You can also create a script that will remove old logs once a month.

Simtech Development | sales@simtechdev.com | www.simtechdev.com
CERTIFIED CS-CART PARTNER | LICENSES | DEVELOPMENT | ADD-ONS | DESIGN | UPGRADE

Mega SEO Package - All you need for your SEO

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 11115 posts

Posted 15 October 2018 - 06:09 PM #3

Our EZ Admin Helper addon can be set to do this automatically on a schedule for you.

https://ez-ms.com/docs/ez_maint.pdf

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 18671 posts

Posted 16 October 2018 - 04:57 AM #4

I am afraid, you can only create two separate backups 

- one with schema and data

- another one with schema of big tables

GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 345     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    CS-Cart RU                         24500 руб.
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 775     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 545      CS-Cart RU + UniTheme    36000 руб.

• judoscott
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 16 October 2018 - 05:38 PM #5

Hello!

Do you need all these logs? If not, you can remove all except records for last month, for example. You can also create a script that will remove old logs once a month.

Hey Oleg thanks for the reply. Yeah we keep about 6 months in the db but since theres no built in way to archive and off load old logs its a pain sometimes.

• judoscott
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 16 October 2018 - 05:47 PM #6

Yep thats why I'm asking for a feature

I am afraid, you can only create two separate backups 

- one with schema and data

- another one with schema of big tables

• galtinbaeva
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 3200 posts

Posted 17 October 2018 - 06:13 AM #7

Hey Oleg thanks for the reply. Yeah we keep about 6 months in the db but since theres no built in way to archive and off load old logs its a pain sometimes.

6 months is quite long. It may worth to develop script once that saves logs to file and removes them from database.

Simtech Development | sales@simtechdev.com | www.simtechdev.com
CERTIFIED CS-CART PARTNER | LICENSES | DEVELOPMENT | ADD-ONS | DESIGN | UPGRADE

Mega SEO Package - All you need for your SEO

• judoscott
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 17 October 2018 - 12:53 PM #8

6 months is quite long. It may worth to develop script once that saves logs to file and removes them from database.

I agree. I also think it should be built in. The whole logging system needs overhauled its a huge mess.