Meet Cs-Cart And Multi-Vendor 4.9.1

We have released CS-Cart and Multi-Vendor 4.9.1. As usual, our blog describes the most important changes in detail, and the changelog has the list of all changes. That’s why below we’ll simply mention the most important improvements of the new version.

Only in Multi-Vendor:

• The ability to set flat transaction fees in addition to percentages in vendor plans.

• Configurable “Become a Seller” form (go to Administration → Profile fields).

• Multi-Vendor Plus add-ons: Common Products for Vendors [Beta], Direct Customer-to-Vendor Payments [Beta], Vendor Privileges, and Vendor Plans: Commissions by Category. Soon there will be a separate announcement for Multi-Vendor Plus in our blog.

Only in CS-Cart:

• A new way to open and close storefronts on the list of stores.

Both in CS-Cart and Multi-Vendor:

• Improved mass selection and editing on the product list.

• A new add-on: Back-End Sign-In via Google.
[hr]
Please note that version 4.9.1 will no longer support PHP from 5.3 to 5.5. You’ll only be able to start the update if you have PHP 5.6 or newer.

Good news, is time to check our add-ons compatibiliy.

Changelog?

Changelog?

Here it is: https://docs.cs-cart.com/4.9.x/history/491.html

Thank you,

I do see that the template editor double scroll bar has finally been fixed, I wonder however why it took such a long time, I submitted this bug at 28 February 2018 - 07:39 PM. Please do fix these insanely long times to respond to such simple issues.

Thank you,

I do see that the template editor double scroll bar has finally been fixed, I wonder however why it took such a long time, I submitted this bug at 28 February 2018 - 07:39 PM. Please do fix these insanely long times to respond to such simple issues.

i strugle also, to get a simple issue fixed,,, and they are busy developing new stuff :) i love it, but wait, let resolve old problems

Thank you,

Official Bug Fixing Timeframes

This was the result of years of complaints. I was pretty happy when it was introduced. It would be nice if CS-Cart could get back on track to deliver within their official bug fixing timeframes.

I tried the Demo from the link and the Product Selecting via Shift and arrow down or mouse does not work in FireFox or Chrome.

Also:

"Payment methods: Some obsolete templates for offline payment methods (fax.tpl, check.tpl, business_check.tpl) were removed."

We actively use offline payment methods a lot like the check template and business check methods.

Is this the complete list?

Will our data be lost form the orders using those methods.

We use the Offline payment methods for customers purchasing products on Amazon and Ebay. I can convert them to a different offline payment method. I just need to know all of the ones that are being deleted.

Thanks

Ken

Official Bug Fixing Timeframes

This was the result of years of complaints. I was pretty happy when it was introduced. It would be nice if CS-Cart could get back on track to deliver within their official bug fixing timeframes.

I'm thinking when they say "under investigation" that it fits (and allieviates) the timeframe!

I tried the Demo from the link and the Product Selecting via Shift and arrow down or mouse does not work in FireFox or Chrome.

Also:

"Payment methods: Some obsolete templates for offline payment methods (fax.tpl, check.tpl, business_check.tpl) were removed."

We actively use offline payment methods a lot like the check template and business check methods.

Is this the complete list?

Will our data be lost form the orders using those methods.

We use the Offline payment methods for customers purchasing products on Amazon and Ebay. I can convert them to a different offline payment method. I just need to know all of the ones that are being deleted.

Thanks

Ken

These templates are removed from the distribution package only. They will not be removed from the existing installations during the upgrade.

Thank you,

We searched the bug tracker but couldn't find the bug report you were referring to. Could you please give a link to the bug report (or, if you reported the issue via Help Desk, the ID of the ticket)? Then I'd be able to comment more on this matter.

I assume you're referring to this entry:
[!] Responsive admin panel: Design: Templates: One of the scroll bars was next to the wrong area. Fixed.
As far as I can see, that bug was fixed on September 5th after a report made by another person on August 21st.

I'm thinking when they say "under investigation" that it fits (and allieviates) the timeframe!

Yes, the 45-day countdown begins since the moment the bug receives the Confirmed status. We now have a page on our site that explains where the timeframe comes from. The Under Review status is supposed to be reserved for cases that require a longer and more thorough investigation. It is supposed to be used sparsely, and only when a situation calls for it. We've taken some steps to that end, and as I can see, in the past few months there were fewer and fewer bug reports to get this status.

admin product selection tool looking useful, we wait that usable for orders.

also if you add Google authenticator method default (without addon) to Back-End Sign-In via Google addon it will provide perfect security for admins.

good job cs-team

We searched the bug tracker but couldn't find the bug report you were referring to. Could you please give a link to the bug report (or, if you reported the issue via Help Desk, the ID of the ticket)? Then I'd be able to comment more on this matter.

I assume you're referring to this entry:

[!] Responsive admin panel: Design: Templates: One of the scroll bars was next to the wrong area. Fixed.
As far as I can see, that bug was fixed on September 5th after a report made by another person on August 21st.

Yes, the 45-day countdown begins since the moment the bug receives the Confirmed status. We now have a page on our site that explains where the timeframe comes from. The Under Review status is supposed to be reserved for cases that require a longer and more thorough investigation. It is supposed to be used sparsely, and only when a situation calls for it. We've taken some steps to that end, and as I can see, in the past few months there were fewer and fewer bug reports to get this status.

I first mentioned this directly in the thread of the responsive admin panel on february:

https://forum.cs-cart.com/topic/51110-try-the-new-responsive-admin-panel/page-2#post_id_296851

Next I mentioned it again in the bug tracker on april:

https://forum.cs-cart.com/tracker/issue-7194-issues-with-the-new-responsive-theme/?gopid=28414#entry28414

The countdown should begin when the bug is reported. Sometimes a bug sits in "under investigation" for months before it's looked at and confirmed.

I first mentioned this directly in the thread of the responsive admin panel on february:
https://forum.cs-cart.com/topic/51110-try-the-new-responsive-admin-panel/page-2#post_id_296851

Next I mentioned it again in the bug tracker on april:
https://forum.cs-cart.com/tracker/issue-7194-issues-with-the-new-responsive-theme/?gopid=28414#entry28414

Thank you for providing the links. However, I couldn't find any mention of that particular problem in those posts:
Basically, the scroll bar of the file tree wasn't next to the file tree, but in another block, next to the file contents and its own scroll bar.

Still, your point about the bug tracker is valid. As I mentioned, a couple of months ago we've addressed the issue of bug confirmation taking too long. There shouldn't be such issues for newly-reported bugs (or at least they should be very rare). However, there are a couple of things I'd like to point out:

1. A bug posted on the forum can easily be overlooked. It is vital that a bug is posted on the bug tracker or sent to us via Help Desk (that is mentioned in our bug fixing policy).

2. It's best to post one issue per bug report (we might add that rule in the future). That way people would easily see what has been fixed already, and it'd be easier for us to check, confirm, and fix individual bugs.

The countdown should begin when the bug is reported. Sometimes a bug sits in "under investigation" for months before it's looked at and confirmed.

I see your point. But the bug fixing policy explains why the countdown works as it does. It is exactly for the reason that making the bug occur again (which is a vital part of fixing it) can take an undetermined amount of time and may depend on an untold number of circumstances. But once the bug is confirmed, we know how soon we can fix it.

I see your point. But the bug fixing policy explains why the countdown works as it does. It is exactly for the reason that making the bug occur again (which is a vital part of fixing it) can take an undetermined amount of time and may depend on an untold number of circumstances. But once the bug is confirmed, we know how soon we can fix it.

But that would assume that it's actively being looked at. There is no communication of any test results or replication problems. It only sits there with no response.

Suggest you take the customer/developer perspective and ensure that all reported bugs are assessed in a timely manner (less than a week) and if there are issues reproducing it, tot communicate with the submitter so they can clarify if need be.

Leaving them in "under investigation" for months on end only goes to add to your backlog and to frustrate your customers.

Isn't this post about CSC Release of 4.9.1? Perhaps the bug fix topic should be moved to another thread.

It relates to a fix in 4.9.1 that took 7 months to fix instead of the official bug fixing time frame of 3-45 days.

7 months is more than enough to make a customer give up and leave CS-Cart. It would be better to keep it under 45 days at all times.

Still needs to be bumped. Not the first time this has happened.

It is about the release contents. Arguably, this should probably have been in a 4.7.x thread but since the defect wasn't addressed (and they couldn't even find it afterward) it seems fine to bring it up as a topic in this thread. The goal is to have cs-cart recognize the need to stay on top of reported defects and to confirm/address them in a timely manner. New features are great. But if they come at the expense of an unstable and buggy platform, then their value is dramatically diminished.