Payment Process

Wanted to make an inquiry. Who receives the payments first when a customer makes a purchase. is it sent to the seller or does the site owner receive payment, cut the commission then pays the sellers?

Wanted to make an inquiry. Who receives the payments first when a customer makes a purchase. is it sent to the seller or does the site owner receive payment, cut the commission then pays the sellers?

Hello. Please check out this article: https://docs.cs-cart.com/latest/user_guide/users/vendors/workflow.html
I think it should answer most of the questions. Once version 4.9.1 is released, this article will be updated with some additional tools.

P.S. This article covers the basic functionality and the add-ons built into Multi-Vendor by default. There might be third-party add-ons that provide additional options.

We have released Multi-Vendor Plus, which brings the new tool I mentioned earlier: the Direct Customer-to-Vendor Payments add-on. It alters the whole scheme I described just a few days ago.

Previously, I could easily answer your question and say that marketplace owners received the money first and distributed it among vendors later (with some ways to automate it). But now there is a way for the money to go directly to vendors, who then have to pay the commissions to the marketplace owner. If vendors don’t pay fees and commissions, their access to the marketplace will be restricted automatically. Once vendors pay, these restrictions will be lifted automatically after the payment is confirmed.

This approach relieves the marketplace owners of the need to distribute money among vendors. Also, since money goes directly to vendors in this scenario, every vendor can create own payment methods and promotions.