• You cannot reply to this topic

Addon To Rename Product Images In Order To Improve Seo Rate Topic   - - - - -

• Jacek
  • Advanced Member
  • Trial users
  • 67 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 02:41 PM #1

Hi,

I'm looking for a solution to rename dynamically product images to SEO names, e.g.:

1) I have a lot of images where we have weird names, e.g. 1.jpg etc. Is there any solution to rename the filenames in order to achieve something like this: product-name-fig-1.jpg, product-name-fig-2.jpg etc.

2) It would be great if this was also possible for product options/variants and product variations.

Do you know about any kind of such an addon for cs-cart? I've seen addons for other platforms with sucha a functionality.

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 10912 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 06:05 PM #2

I'm not aware of any production addon for this purpose.  However, it should be very straight forward to utilize a hook and to change the name from what was uploaded to a temporary file, server location or url to whatever methodology you want.

I'm not sure image names have much of an SEO rank.  However the Alt text does have ranking.

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 18188 posts

Posted 02 October 2018 - 06:23 AM #3

Agree with Tony regarding image names. To change alt text, please pay attention to our free module

https://www.ecom-lab...ges-add-on.html

GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 345     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    CS-Cart RU                         24500 руб.
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 775     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 545      CS-Cart RU + UniTheme    36000 руб.

• lorenzo
  • Trial users
  • 46 posts

Posted 18 October 2018 - 09:00 AM #4

Agree with Tony regarding image names. To change alt text, please pay attention to our free module

https://www.ecom-lab...ges-add-on.html

Your Free Addond did it very well
But it does seem to be not working on a 4.9.1 update

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 18188 posts

Posted 19 October 2018 - 01:55 PM #5

The module works without any problems on clear 4.9.1

GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 345     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    CS-Cart RU                         24500 руб.
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 775     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 545      CS-Cart RU + UniTheme    36000 руб.

• lorenzo
  • Trial users
  • 46 posts

Posted 20 October 2018 - 03:55 PM #6

The module works without any problems on clear 4.9.1

Hi EcomLabs

As yuo know it's almost one year we are on CS cart ( and your customer as well)

so, Upgrade after Upgrade
Unfortunately  that Very Usefull mod it's not working anymore for us.

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 18188 posts

Posted Today, 05:25 AM #7

Hi EcomLabs

As yuo know it's almost one year we are on CS cart ( and your customer as well)

so, Upgrade after Upgrade
Unfortunately  that Very Usefull mod it's not working anymore for us.

PM me temporary access. We will try to help you

• lorenzo
  • Trial users
  • 46 posts

Posted Today, 09:31 AM #8

PM me temporary access. We will try to help you

Hi Thanks for thi assistance in a free Module.

I'll PM you shortly.

Regards