• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

SSL Issue Rate Topic   - - - - -

Posted 13 January 2008 - 02:13 PM #1

Hi
Does anybody no of a work around the below problem.

We recently installed a ssl (geotrust) to our server but it appears we made a mistake when we registered. IE: watercooled-pcs.co.uk. We have contacted geotrust regarding this problem but we have received no help.

We have disabled the ssl in cs-cart for the time being but this is not an ideal solution.

Any help would be appreciated.

• zardos
  • Members
  • 1062 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 04:28 PM #2

Hi watercooled-pcs

Your images are all to big, in FF three columns over hang to the right, and in IE your prices are cut off.

Posted 13 January 2008 - 05:19 PM #3

Hi Zardos
What size monitor are you looking on ? The site should be optimised for 19ins monitors and above.

The images will all be resized most are 110. we though about using 96x96 ?
Regarding images overhanging to right not quiet sure what you mean ? we have checked on all our office systems ranging from 15ins upto 24 ins

Regarding our main problem have you ever encountered this SSL

• S-Combs
  • Members
  • 692 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 05:28 PM #4

Your SSL is working just fine for me

I also agree with zardos. Your site looks very nice at 1280x1024 and 1440x900(widescreen) but at 1024x768 it's all jumbled up. Many visitors will be using that resolution and some are still running with 800x600.

It's nearly impossible to make a great looking site for all resolutions especially with shopping carts but it should definently be usable down to at least 1024x768
Secure Cart Hosting
[CS-Cart Optimized Solutions and Server Management]

• zardos
  • Members
  • 1062 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 06:21 PM #5

I am using 19" 1024x768, on your home page you have three columns setup for newest products and feature products, all you should need to do is reduce the size of your images on this page and it should then be OK, or use two columns.

S-Combs is the best person to ask SSL and server questions, as he runs servers.

Posted 13 January 2008 - 06:33 PM #6

Hi Guys
Sorry i have just checked on 1024x768 :confused: . Our primary market is overclockers who want the maximum from they systems hence the reason we thought 1024x768 was too small.

Would resizing the images to 85x85 fix the problem ?

PS: Thx for the help/info

Posted 13 January 2008 - 06:37 PM #7

Sorry
i forgot to mention S-Combs do you see the domain mismatch certificate pop up when you type in https://www.watercooled-pcs.co.uk

This is the error we keep getting.

• truem
  • Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 06:39 PM #8

I was having the same image issue as you

what I did was do a fixed width
so if someone is at
800x 600
1024 x 768
1280 x 1600 or whatever .....
I would also center the page info on this thread
http://forum.cs-cart...read.php?t=4298
1.3.5 sp1

• S-Combs
  • Members
  • 692 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 07:46 PM #9

Sorry
i forgot to mention S-Combs do you see the domain mismatch certificate pop up when you type in https://www.watercooled-pcs.co.uk

This is the error we keep getting.

This is a common issue with SSL and not a problem to resolve.

Your cert was purchased for watercooled-pcs.co.uk and not www.watercooled-pcs.co.uk.

The www. prefix is considered a sub-domain by SSL and a standard certificate will not cover both a domain and a 'prefixed' sub-domain. You would need to obtain a wildcard certificate to cover both addresses and they are much more expensive.

To fix: Open config.php and remove the www. prefix from $cscart_http_host and $cscart_https_host variables. CS-Cart will then no longer use the prefix when redirecting to SSL.

If ever advertising a link to another SSL page on your site, be sure not to include the www. in the link and there will be no error to the visitor.
Secure Cart Hosting
[CS-Cart Optimized Solutions and Server Management]

• zardos
  • Members
  • 1062 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 09:24 PM #10

Yes 85px should be OK for your home page and should fix the problem.

Posted 13 January 2008 - 10:49 PM #11

Hi,

I think you can put a .php file in your www. directory which transfers all requests to the public_html directory and thus, without the www.

Or maybe you can just change you store URL in admin to not have the www.

Screen res was fine for me.

Posted 13 January 2008 - 10:53 PM #12

Hi Guys
Thank you all for the advice it as all been taken on board. We will address all issues mentioned.:D

Posted 13 January 2008 - 11:09 PM #13

Sorry guys
We have just resized a few images in PS to 85x85. Upon uploading the images to our site they all appear stretched ?

• zardos
  • Members
  • 1062 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 11:31 PM #14

I have my images set to Product thumbnail width 120 and Category thumbnail width 120, I send up the a detailed image with 400px x 400px and the software does the rest.

If you use PS to resize your images, make sure you tick the (constrain proportions).

Posted 14 January 2008 - 07:56 PM #15

Hi Zardos
We are doing everything correctly in PS we have tried various pixel sizes 85x85 etc
but on uploading the images appear stretched and distorted ? Sorry if i am changing my original post it makes things easier to keep this under 1 thread.

• zardos
  • Members
  • 1062 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 11:38 AM #16

Have you setup your images in admin under thumbnails to the size you want.

• JSKY
  • Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 02:30 PM #17

HI,

I was just searching for SSL issues. I`m going to go online in 2 weeks with my store and found many, many stores without SSL on Log In page or Register page. I want to ask your opinion here. Is it really necessary to install SSL for only this? Most of shops I found have gateways (same with me) which have secure payment side anyway and this is where customers are redirected after all.
Please tell me your opinions?
I`m considering to purchase SSL, but not sure if I really need it.
As from customer stand point I`d prefer to register with shops who has SSL, though there are so many forums, websites etc where we give our info without any security, so what`s big deal to have in the shop if we don@t take any credit card info.

Thanks;)
CSC v1.3.5 SP3
Firefox 3.6
Vista Ultimate JP/EN

• zardos
  • Members
  • 1062 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 02:37 PM #18

Hi JSKY

Short and Sweet.

InstantSSL Certificates enable you and your customers to complete transactions with the assurance that no one else can read or change information as it travels over the Internet. This leads to increased visitor conversion rate, lower Web site abandonment and an increase in average purchase price.

Consumer Confidence

• JSKY
  • Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 05 March 2008 - 02:55 PM #19

Thank You Zardos

I was confused because there are many websites in Europe and Australia which do not have it. Personally I prefer to register with shop which use SSL.
I will ask my host to do this for me.

Adam
CSC v1.3.5 SP3
Firefox 3.6
Vista Ultimate JP/EN

Posted 05 March 2008 - 11:51 PM #20

Thank You Zardos

I was confused because there are many websites in Europe and Australia which do not have it. Personally I prefer to register with shop which use SSL.
I will ask my host to do this for me.

Adam

Due to our low volume we havn't fully invested into the website, hence the missing SSL certificate. Planning huge upgrades in the next two months so keep tuned;)
I've moved on from CS-Cart to WooC******** - If you need anything I can be of little help.