• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Javascript Tags Wont Save In Html Editor Rate Topic   - - - - -

• DylanRI
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 05:42 AM #1

I am trying to add some javascript to the description section of a page and using a HTML block in one of the layouts. But when I open the source editor (pressing the "<>" button) and add my script, I press ok and it closes. Opening It again, I see that the script tag has been removed. And the pages I tried to edit did not change.

• galtinbaeva
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 3632 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 05:48 AM #2

I am trying to add some javascript to the description section of a page and using a HTML block in one of the layouts. But when I open the source editor (pressing the "<>" button) and add my script, I press ok and it closes. Opening It again, I see that the script tag has been removed. And the pages I tried to edit did not change.

Hello!

Did you try HTML block with Smarty support?

Simtech Development | sales@simtechdev.com | www.simtechdev.com
CERTIFIED CS-CART PARTNER | LICENSES | DEVELOPMENT | ADD-ONS | DESIGN | UPGRADE

Google Analytics Enhanced Ecommerce - get advanced ecommerce analytics

• DylanRI
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 05:58 AM #3

I tried the HTML block with Smarty support, and it works.

I assume that I will need to add the block to any page I want to use javascript on?

Thanks.

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 22943 posts

Posted 13 September 2018 - 06:07 AM #4

As alternative you can temporary switch Settings -> Appearance -> Default wysiwyg editor setting to "Do not use" and save required description. Built-in WYSIWYG editors remove script tags

GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 1210     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    Multi-Vendor PLUS           USD 3100 (2775)
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 4025     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 1459      Multi-Vendor Ultimate       USD 7500 (6000)