• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Installation Issue Rate Topic   - - - - -

• MikeMcM
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 September 2018 - 11:45 PM #1

I am finally ready to start using Cs-Cart as my main website after experimenting for a very long time. I had installed in a sub directory but I decided to use a sub domain instead. I created the sub domain www.store.example.com, uploaded the .cscart zip file to it and extracted in there.

Now when I type www.store.example.com I get the "Cs-Cart is not installed...yada yada...Click here to install". I click and nothing happens except /install is appended to the end of the url I typed in the address bar.

I can access the "Store closed" by typing www.store.example.com/store_closed.html. I have been looking for several days and I can't find anyone who has reported a similar problem so I can't find an answer. Any suggestions??

Posted 11 September 2018 - 05:16 AM #2

I am finally ready to start using Cs-Cart as my main website after experimenting for a very long time. I had installed in a sub directory but I decided to use a sub domain instead. I created the sub domain www.store.example.com, uploaded the .cscart zip file to it and extracted in there.

Now when I type www.store.example.com I get the "Cs-Cart is not installed...yada yada...Click here to install". I click and nothing happens except /install is appended to the end of the url I typed in the address bar.

I can access the "Store closed" by typing www.store.example.com/store_closed.html. I have been looking for several days and I can't find anyone who has reported a similar problem so I can't find an answer. Any suggestions??

The issue is related to file/directory permissions. Try recommendations from the first section of this article:

https://docs.cs-cart...rver_error.html

Sincerely yours, CS-Cart Support Team

User guide       |  Developer documentation  |  Core API documentation