Status Change When Processing Payment

Is there any way to keep order statuses from changing when a credit card is processed? We need to use "authorization only" when new orders are submitted and it is setting the order status to processed, which is incorrect.

What payment processor are you using? Most (that I'm aware of) that support auth_only and capture have different statuses for each setting. Though Authorize.net and our Squarepay addon are the only two I'm aware of that support it. There may be others. Order status is a function of the payment method.

We are using Authorize.net

We are using Authorize.net

Hello!

Please try the following solution: open the app/payments/authorizenet_aim.php file, find the

$processor_error['order_status'] = array(
    "1" => "P",
    "2" => "D",
    "3" => "F",
    "4" => "O" // Transaction is held for review... I think open order status is good for such situation
);

code and change

"1" => "P",

to

"1" => "O",

or any status you want.

When the payment method is set for AUTH_ONLY, the status should be kept at Open (Anet response 2).

Or at least that's the way it used to work. If you're not seeing that then it's a bug.

Thanks. I made those changes, and a workaround so we can authorize during customer checkout, but still allows us the ability to adjust for shipping, pricing, etc on the back-end and then run the payment through under a second hidden payment method that is set to capture. It would be nice to have an easier way to capture though, along with refunds and credits without having to log into Authorize_net.

As for now, it works with a couple of extra steps. Thanks!

All those capabilities are available in our Square Payments addon and you don't need to worry about PCI compliance! :-)

squarepay_admin.JPG

Greetings!

Any idea how to adopt "authorizenet_aim.php" for Authorize.Net's modern XML API?

Thanks,

X

You can hire someone to implement a different protocol. But why in today's world would you take the risk of capturing credit card data on your site to pass to Anet? The only secure way to do this is via IFrames or redirecting to the providers site (IFrames definitely preferred).

Also, no sure anyone choosing to use XML in 2018 would be considered "modern" by any stretch of the imagination.

We suggest you to switch to Accept.JS. If you are interested, please contact us

And of course I'd suggest you switch to Square (https://ez-ms.com/squarepay.html) given that a very large number of small businesses in US use square and it would integrate cleanly with your brick-and-mortar store, conference sales from a tablet, etc. Costs are similar to Anet and if you do reasonable revenue, they are very open to negotiating fees/transaction costs.

We suggest you to switch to Accept.JS. If you are interested, please contact us

Are you talking about "Authorize.Net SIM payment gateway for CS-Cart" addon that you guys offer?

Are you talking about "Authorize.Net SIM payment gateway for CS-Cart" addon that you guys offer?

No, SIM method is still supported, but marked as outdated