• You cannot reply to this topic

Order Status Question Rate Topic   - - - - -

• Darius
  • Douchebag
  • Members
  • 3190 posts

Posted 05 September 2018 - 08:24 AM #1

Can someone clarify this

Open, Failed makes cart empty and making Canceled puts stuff back to cart?

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 17999 posts

Posted 05 September 2018 - 01:38 PM #2

Please clarify your question. If you change order statuses from A to B and they have different values of the "Inventory" setting, amount in stock will be changed in this case

GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 345     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    CS-Cart RU                         24500 руб.
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 775     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 545      CS-Cart RU + UniTheme    36000 руб.

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 10838 posts

Posted 05 September 2018 - 08:51 PM #3

I think what he's referring to is when an order gets an initial 'Failed' status, the user's cart is not destroyed.  But for other statuses it is.

The reason for this (IMHO) is that a failed status is usually the result of something the user entered improperly (I.e. card number) that they can correct or that they payment processor had a communication failure.  The "response_text" usually contains the message from the payment provider and having the cart maintained will allow the user to edit and resubmit the order.

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 17999 posts

Posted 06 September 2018 - 07:22 AM #4

My answer is related with this behaviour. If inventory was decreased, the system clears cart. If inventory was not decreased, the user is redirected back to the checkout page and the cart is not cleared

GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 345     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    CS-Cart RU                         24500 руб.
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 775     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 545      CS-Cart RU + UniTheme    36000 руб.

• Darius
  • Douchebag
  • Members
  • 3190 posts

Posted 06 September 2018 - 09:44 AM #5

Imagine if I am paying with paypal standard, I am redirected to paypal and I pay of card but its funds are insufficient. I close window and in admin open order is created. If admin changes status from open to canceled would this refill cart back ?

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 17999 posts

Posted 06 September 2018 - 01:08 PM #6

Imagine if I am paying with paypal standard, I am redirected to paypal and I pay of card but its funds are insufficient. I close window and in admin open order is created. If admin changes status from open to canceled would this refill cart back ?

No, since cart was completely cleared. Your customer can only go to the order details page and use the "Reorder this order" button

• Darius
  • Douchebag
  • Members
  • 3190 posts

Posted 06 September 2018 - 01:36 PM #7

I see, this page is hardly found by anyone..

No, since cart was completely cleared. Your customer can only go to the order details page and use the "Reorder this order" button