• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How To Add Limit To Manuall Filling In Product Grid Block Rate Topic   - - - - -

• Jacek
  • Advanced Member
  • Trial users
  • 66 posts

Posted 22 August 2018 - 05:01 PM #1

Hi,
I would like to add limit to manual filling in product grid block (I mean this).

My use case:

I want to fill manually the new/bestseller block to better manage my sales. Thus I add let's say 30 products - and want only to display 12 products with active status.

Right now, when I add 12 products manually, than every time when I hide or disable the product status, then the product is hidden from the block as well.

I don't want to manage the products all the time. I want to have constant number of products in block - 12. When I hide the product, the next active product should fill the gap.

Is there any easy way to do this?

I think that this feature deserves to be implemented in standard cs-cart functionality.

Thanks in advance, 

Jacek

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 10839 posts

Posted 22 August 2018 - 05:51 PM #2

Most likely you would have to utilize a hook for the product search that is specific to the block.  I.e. you'd need code that said something like:

if the search is related to block xyz, then adjust the items per page to be 12.

Alternatively if this is a block that is used in several different locations, the block itself could be extended to add a 'max_items' parameter to it.

Both approaches require a small amount of custom development.

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 18009 posts

Posted 23 August 2018 - 06:35 AM #3

Please pay attention to our Random Products add-on

You can specify list of items and set limit in the block settings

GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 345     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    CS-Cart RU                         24500 руб.
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 775     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 545      CS-Cart RU + UniTheme    36000 руб.