After Update Erros Phpmailler

Hello

After update in version 4.8.1 when the order complited this error is showing up SMTP connect() failed. https://github.com/PHPMailer/PHPMailer/wiki/Troubleshooting. Mail server works fine

tested . Cs-cart dont send mail . i tested even the test mail from admin panel same error .

Any hints

My regards

Screenshot_4.png

Hello

After update in version 4.8.1 when the order complited this error is showing up SMTP connect() failed. https://github.com/PHPMailer/PHPMailer/wiki/Troubleshooting. Mail server works fine

tested . Cs-cart dont send mail . i tested even the test mail from admin panel same error .

Any hints

My regards

The error indicates that store cannot connect to your SMTP server using the credentials provided on Settings > Emails page in the admin panel. You should check these settings and contact your SMTP server support regarding this.

ensured 465 port is whitelisted now in every csf option this was my solution today - hope it helps

ensured 465 port is whitelisted now in every csf option this was my solution today - hope it helps

all ports are open . know shows me the ErrorMessage could not be sent. Mailer Error: Could not instantiate mail function.

The error indicates that store cannot connect to your SMTP server using the credentials provided on Settings > Emails page in the admin panel. You should check these settings and contact your SMTP server support regarding this.

Even adding credentials error still showing ErrorMessage could not be sent.

Mailer Error: Could not instantiate mail function.

Even adding credentials error still showing ErrorMessage could not be sent.

Mailer Error: Could not instantiate mail function.

This is a different error and it is related to the PHP mail, not SMTP. It appears if PHP mail is not working on the server

Hello

Any hints

My regards

Removed block for port 465 on the server and works again.

Also, as I'm currently discovering, some cPanel update has muddled up the (in my case wildcard) SSL certificates causing the current release to fail with an SMTP connection error when using credentials that have worked for months. It's seeing the server certificate as expired, but the cert is valid till 2020. Will update this thread when I have a bit more detailed info. Odd that this is only happening via cs-cart. My other software is able to connect with the same credentials just fine.

Apparently the CA Bundles related to Rapid SSL certificates are now expired and new certificates need to be re-issued if the SSL was last issued before 12/31/2017. So if your certificate was not issued this year, you will need to re-issue it. Apparently the new certificates use a different intermediary certificate authority to validate the SSL. The old CA bundle seems to have expired at the same time as 4.8.1.SP1 was released which is what causes people to believe it was the update that broke things....