• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Just A Comment Rate Topic   - - - - -

• jimmyod
  • Members
  • 458 posts

Posted 16 August 2018 - 01:24 PM #1

I changed my cscart password today and I just thought it was a little ridiculous to have to be told that I have to use 12 characters and 2 numbers/special characters must be used.

I know cs is not the only one that enforces this practice, but I think the user should be the one to determine what he or she wants the password to be.

Posted 21 August 2018 - 12:35 PM #2

I changed my cscart password today and I just thought it was a little ridiculous to have to be told that I have to use 12 characters and 2 numbers/special characters must be used.

I know cs is not the only one that enforces this practice, but I think the user should be the one to determine what he or she wants the password to be.

In Admin go to settings -> Security and you can change password settings

John Carroll
My Webshop: Alpha Spas

• jimmyod
  • Members
  • 458 posts

Posted 21 August 2018 - 12:37 PM #3

Thanks John, but I am referring to cscarts website, not mine.

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 11590 posts

Posted 21 August 2018 - 05:49 PM #4

Given they've had a few breaches in the past few years, I have no problem with them enforcing stronger passwords.  It's not just your data that could be vulnerable.

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• hewr54
  • Trial users
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 May 2020 - 07:52 AM #5

Thanks John, but I am referring to cscarts website, not mine.

Great information provided. I appreciate your work. I like the way you write. Awesome, keep it up.

https://appscrawl.com

• diggitydog
  • Trial users
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 June 2020 - 06:07 PM #6

Almost all websites enforce password structures. It protects against brute force attacks and make password difficult to guess.

The restrictions are for user safety only.