• You cannot reply to this topic

Width Of Website Rate Topic   - - - - -

• Ghiyas
  • Advanced Member
  • Trial users
  • 96 posts

Posted 10 August 2018 - 09:27 PM #1

Hi,

I want to increase the width of my website as the white bars on the left and right side seem to be a waste of space. From what I can tell, it is currently 980px wide. Is there a way of increasing the width of it, without going to full width? Maybe to something like 1200px to start with?

Many thanks!

• alaa
  • Advanced Member
  • Trial users
  • 51 posts

Posted 12 August 2018 - 09:02 AM #2

You can change the min and max width in the Layout Manager. Go to Design -> layout. In the right sidebar, select the default layout and click properities.

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 17801 posts

Posted 13 August 2018 - 06:15 AM #3

Please take a look

https://docs.cs-cart..._structure.html

GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 345     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    CS-Cart RU                         24500 руб.
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 775     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 545      CS-Cart RU + UniTheme    36000 руб.

• Ghiyas
  • Advanced Member
  • Trial users
  • 96 posts

Posted 13 August 2018 - 07:42 AM #4

Hi,

I have tried changing the minimal width from 280 to 1172 but this doesn't seem to change anything. I have also tried changing the layout width from fluid to full width and nothing changed again. Both times I did clear the cache (using ?cc&ctpl command). Am I doing something wrong or is there something else I should be trying? 

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 17801 posts

Posted 13 August 2018 - 01:32 PM #5

280 is minimal width. You should change max width. If it does not help, try to delete the var/cache directory manually

GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 345     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    CS-Cart RU                         24500 руб.
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 775     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 545      CS-Cart RU + UniTheme    36000 руб.

• Ghiyas
  • Advanced Member
  • Trial users
  • 96 posts

Posted 13 August 2018 - 02:46 PM #6

280 is minimal width. You should change max width. If it does not help, try to delete the var/cache directory manually

Hi eCom,

Thanks for that - I have changed the "maximal width" from 1200 to 1920, used cc&ctpl and also deleted the var/cache folder but it still doesn't change the size? Any ideas?

• oleg.gorshkov
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 2896 posts

Posted 13 August 2018 - 05:10 PM #7

I have changed the "maximal width" from 1200 to 1920, used cc&ctpl and also deleted the var/cache folder but it still doesn't change the size? Any ideas?

Hello!

Please make sure you changed the correct layout. Just checked on demo and it works even without cache clearing.

Simtech Development | sales@simtechdev.com | www.simtechdev.com
CERTIFIED CS-CART PARTNER | LICENSES | DEVELOPMENT | ADD-ONS | DESIGN | UPGRADE

Mega SEO Package - All you need for your SEO

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 17801 posts

Posted 14 August 2018 - 06:56 AM #8

Hi eCom,

Thanks for that - I have changed the "maximal width" from 1200 to 1920, used cc&ctpl and also deleted the var/cache folder but it still doesn't change the size? Any ideas?

Also if you use 3rd party theme, width can be hardcoded in the theme styles. To change it, contact theme developer

• Ghiyas
  • Advanced Member
  • Trial users
  • 96 posts

Posted 14 August 2018 - 07:29 AM #9

Also if you use 3rd party theme, width can be hardcoded in the theme styles. To change it, contact theme developer

I am using a 3rd party theme which is probably the source of the problem, many thanks for the advice!