• You cannot reply to this topic

Smtp Configutation Problem Rate Topic   - - - - -

• Adr
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 03:02 PM #1

Hi!

I'm haveing a problem with SMTP settings.

Im useing this settings :

Method of sending emails :   via SMTP server

SMTP host   :   dev1se.nazwa.pl

SMTP username :  powiadomienia@2xgym.pl

password:    emial-password

use encrypted connection :  SSL

path of sendmail program is at it waas : /usr/sbin/sendmail

and i geet this error:

ErrorMessage could not be sent.
Mailer Error: SMTP connect() failed. https://github.com/P...Troubleshooting

if i hange SSL to None i get:

Mailer Error: SMTP connect() failed. https://github.com/P...Troubleshooting
×ErrorMessage could not be sent.
Mailer Error: SMTP Error: The following recipients failed: arianw@o2.pl: : Sender address rejected: not owned by user powiadomienia@2xgym.pl@gmail.com>
Mailer Error: SMTP Error: The following recipients failed: sfd@example.com: : Sender address rejected: not owned by user powiadomienia@2xgym.pl@gmail.com>
Mailer Error: SMTP Error: The following recipients failed: adwozniak@gmail.com: : Sender address rejected: not owned by user powiadomienia@2xgym.pl@gmail.com>

So i contacted my hosting company ad they recomended adding outgoing port numer after the host name .

so i changed 

dev1se.nazwa.pl:465

and it freezes ,after refreshing button for open to proceed is changed but no email sent.

if i use dev1se.nazwa.pl:465 and change encription from none to SSL i get this:

Mailer Error: SMTP Error: The following recipients failed: arianw@o2.pl: : Sender address rejected: not owned by user powiadomienia@2xgym.pl@gmail.com>
Mailer Error: SMTP Error: The following recipients failed: sfd@example.com: : Sender address rejected: not owned by user powiadomienia@2xgym.pl@gmail.com>
Mailer Error: SMTP Error: The following recipients failed: adwozniak@gmail.com: : Sender address rejected: not owned by user powiadomienia@2xgym.pl@gmail.com>

My hosting company recomended to contack platform helpdesk becouse they dont know what can couse this.

Annyone knows what can be the problem??

Thank you,

A.

• johnbol1
  • Never Re
  • Members
  • 4665 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 05:51 PM #2

i had to change mine to this

https://prnt.sc/kgqgbr

Custom printed hi visibility clothing sale the UK's online hivis safety shop
v4.5.2

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 11424 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 06:35 PM #3

Gmail configruration issue.  Looks like you're authenticating with a different user than what your gmail SMTP is setup to use.  But really not enough detail to know. for sure.

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• Adr
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 09 August 2018 - 09:59 PM #4

hi!

i left port number and ssl plus I changed all of these and it worked

User department e-mail address:

Site administrator e-mail address:

Order department e-mail address:

Help/Support department e-mail address:

Reply-To newsletter e-mail address:

thank you for your help!

• TacC
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 07:27 PM #5

You deleted all the "_________ e-mail address:"s? I'm having a similar problem, but I'm not getting an error message anymore. But I check the emails it's supposed to be sending to when I change status of vendor or send a test newsletter email, and nothing comes through, nor in spam folders. Help?

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 11424 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 08:12 PM #6

If you're not getting any error messages then you will have to work with gmail to determine what they are receiving and where the emails are going.

Alternatively you can use our Log Email addon which will create a log entry for every email sent from your site with the 'To' and 'Subject' fields.  It will also allow you to set a 'CC' field for all emails.  It's just one tool in diagnosing email issues.  It will tell you that the email has been processed in the cart and is then ready to be sent to the SMTP (or other) provider.

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.