Facebook Pixel Addon Is Theme Dependent

Hi,

We recently installed the sd_facebook_pixel addon and in general it seems ok. And we are receiving events in Facebook analytics.

However, the code in the template hooks for the addon seems to be heavily dependent on buttons having the correct id's.

$('#button_cart_ajax{$product.product_id}, #button_cart_{$product.product_id}').click

Is this a standard CS-CART naming convention for button id's?

I am developing a new theme and want to make sure that the addons I have installed are going to operate ok. It seems I need to consider how I also name things like "ADD TO CART" button.

Is there a reference for this type of naming convention?

Cheers..

Hi,

We recently installed the sd_facebook_pixel addon and in general it seems ok. And we are receiving events in Facebook analytics.

However, the code in the template hooks for the addon seems to be heavily dependent on buttons having the correct id's.

$('#button_cart_ajax{$product.product_id}, #button_cart_{$product.product_id}').click

Is this a standard CS-CART naming convention for button id's?

I am developing a new theme and want to make sure that the addons I have installed are going to operate ok. It seems I need to consider how I also name things like "ADD TO CART" button.

Is there a reference for this type of naming convention?

Cheers..

Hello!

I think it's easier to leave IDs as is rather than check every add-on, because such IDs can be used in some scripts in default files. Usually you need to change only styles and elements location in the new theme, and IDs can stay without changes.