• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New Profile Fields Not Saving Information. Rate Topic   - - - - -

Posted 30 July 2018 - 03:14 PM #1

Hi there,

I am fairly new to working with the more intricate functionality of CS-Cart and I am the process of creating a new store.

I am hoping to add 'Business Name' to the billing and shipping addresses for invoices etc.

The issue I am having is that my new profile field is not saving the users information. It works on the demo site so I am lost.

Would greatly appreciate any help or direction.

Thanks

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 10770 posts

Posted 30 July 2018 - 06:23 PM #2

Where are you expecting to see the Business name value?  Is it not in the data on the profiles page?

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• The Tool
  • Been Here Way Too Long Member
  • Members
  • 3640 posts

Posted 30 July 2018 - 07:48 PM #3

There is no direct answer but someone else posted the issue in bug tracker. https://forum.cs-car...elds-dont-save/

Posted 31 July 2018 - 08:53 AM #4

Thanks for getting back to me! I created the custom text input profile field and have assigned it to both billing and shipping information.

The box then shows up in the customer profile page as intended above all other address info. 

The issue is when I enter a value and save the change it does not save the content of the new business name profile field. 

In other words its blank.

All other default profile fields update any changes as intended.

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 17833 posts

Posted 31 July 2018 - 01:28 PM #5

Did you try to create another new profile field and check?

GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 345     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    CS-Cart RU                         24500 руб.
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 775     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 545      CS-Cart RU + UniTheme    36000 руб.

Posted 31 July 2018 - 03:53 PM #6

Yes I have tried with multiple different fields and non of them save info.

Could this be linked to using a third party theme?

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 10770 posts

Posted 31 July 2018 - 08:49 PM #7

Possibly theme related but if you're seeing the label and the input then probably would be something on the backend (maybe addon that does something with profiles).

You might try looking for your label in the cscart_profile_field_descriptions table and then use that 'object_id' to find any data in the cscart_profile_fields_data table.  That will tell you if the data is being saved but not displayed or not saved.

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 17833 posts

Posted 01 August 2018 - 04:56 AM #8

What CS-Cart version do you use?

GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 345     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    CS-Cart RU                         24500 руб.
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 775     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 545      CS-Cart RU + UniTheme    36000 руб.

Posted 01 August 2018 - 03:07 PM #9

Thanks for everyone who replied. The good people at CS-Cart have sorted it for me reporting the below.

The problem was in the modified file profile_fields.tpl. We have added some changes in it, and now it is working correctly.

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 10770 posts

Posted 01 August 2018 - 08:27 PM #10

So was it their bug or did you have custom changes in the profile_fields.tpl that broke it?

Posted 07 August 2018 - 08:33 AM #11

Its not something I have touched however I was using a third party theme which is suspect had made changes to the file.