• You cannot reply to this topic

Cs Cart Increases File Size Of Uploaded Detailed Images? Rate Topic   - - - - -

• TommyUK
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 28 July 2018 - 01:22 PM #1

Hi,

I'm uploading jpg images to add to a Product. I upload three images and, after uploading, I noticed the images were slow at showing. When I checked each of them, it seems that CS Cart increases the filesize of each detailed image - comparisons below. The image pixel size dimensions are the same size before and after, which is OK. Also, Settings: Thumbnails shown below.

Before Uploading

Image 1 = 326 kb

Image 2 = 1322 kb

Image 3 =  642 kb

After Uploading

Image 1 = 852 kb

Image 2 = 2580 kb

Image 3 = 1425 kb

Any one know why this happens? Anything I can do to prevent this?

Thanks,

Tom

Attached Thumbnails

• th.png

• alaa
  • Advanced Member
  • Trial users
  • 69 posts

Posted 30 July 2018 - 09:44 PM #2

Try to reduce JPEG format quality (shown on the snapshot you have attached). Also, CS-Cart developers recommends that Imagick PHP extension to be installed for the performance and quality of images. 

• TommyUK
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 31 July 2018 - 11:05 AM #3

Thanks, alaa, will try that. :)

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 11001 posts

Posted 31 July 2018 - 09:35 PM #4

Do you have the php ImageMagick exntension installed?  If not, sometimes cs-cart will assume that all files are png which will add to the size of jpg images.

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• TommyUK
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 01 August 2018 - 10:50 AM #5

Do you have the php ImageMagick exntension installed?  If not, sometimes cs-cart will assume that all files are png which will add to the size of jpg images.

Thanks for your suggestion.  have ImageMagick installed. The files uploaded are jpgs and saved as jpgs.

• alaa
  • Advanced Member
  • Trial users
  • 69 posts

Posted 01 August 2018 - 11:15 AM #6

Test it when the Thumbnail Background Color is empty (no color code). Don't forget to clear Cache in 

Administration -> Storage -> Clear Cache

Administration -> Storage -> Clean up generated thumbnails

• DarkStar
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 August 2018 - 03:53 PM #7

I had the same problem and it turned out I had enabled the HiDPI add-on. Sounded like something helpful.  Once I disabled it new uploads behaved normally.

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 11001 posts

Posted 01 August 2018 - 08:25 PM #8

Can only assume it is related to your jpg quality settings then as mentioned in post #2 above.

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.