• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How To Change The Text That Is Being Added To The End Of Page Titles In Google Rate Topic   - - - - -

• b4lly
  • Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 26 July 2018 - 11:50 PM #1

Hi

When I search for one of my products in Google, the results have the product name followed by a dash and my business name and suburb. eg) Ford Cobra GTS - Mymotors Paynesville

I believe the text after the dash was something that I defined ages ago but I can't remember where or how I did it.

If anyone knows could you please let me know as I'd like to be able to change it...

Thanks in advance : )

Version 4.2.3

• The Tool
  • Been Here Way Too Long Member
  • Members
  • 3680 posts

Posted 27 July 2018 - 03:43 AM #2

If I remember correctly the system uses the default page title in Design->Layouts->Select gear icon next to Default or Homepage tab.

• b4lly
  • Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 27 July 2018 - 04:26 AM #3

If I remember correctly the system uses the default page title in Design->Layouts->Select gear icon next to Default or Homepage tab.

Thanks for the reply. I had checked these, and neither was showing the extra text that Google was showing. So it's not this I'm afraid.

The only place I could find the words being returned in search results was the Alt Text for my Logo in the visual editor. Do you think this could possibly be it??

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 18358 posts

Posted 27 July 2018 - 06:08 AM #4

If you mean product details page, please check

Design -> Layouts -> Products -> Gear icon -> Page title 

GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 345     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    CS-Cart RU                         24500 руб.
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 775     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 545      CS-Cart RU + UniTheme    36000 руб.

• b4lly
  • Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 27 July 2018 - 06:35 AM #5

If you mean product details page, please check

Design -> Layouts -> Products -> Gear icon -> Page title 

Thanks, I have checked this also, and the page title field is empty.

My product pages are returning the correct title, as shown in the browser tab, however the same product in Google search results is showing the product title PLUS my business name and suburb separated by a dash. I'm trying to edit the text after the dash.

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 18358 posts

Posted 27 July 2018 - 01:18 PM #6

Thanks, I have checked this also, and the page title field is empty.

My product pages are returning the correct title, as shown in the browser tab, however the same product in Google search results is showing the product title PLUS my business name and suburb separated by a dash. I'm trying to edit the text after the dash.

According to the code, text after dash is taken from Title field of the layout page. I can assume that

1. layout page  title was changed, but old value is still in index

or

2. 3rd party addon alters all titles in your store

GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 345     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    CS-Cart RU                         24500 руб.
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 775     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 545      CS-Cart RU + UniTheme    36000 руб.

• b4lly
  • Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 31 July 2018 - 06:32 AM #7

According to the code, text after dash is taken from Title field of the layout page. I can assume that

1. layout page  title was changed, but old value is still in index

or

2. 3rd party addon alters all titles in your store

Thanks, yes I think point 2 is most likely. I think I must have edited some core files (with someones suggestion from this forum) some time back. I've just got no idea where, and with what...

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 18358 posts

Posted 31 July 2018 - 01:37 PM #8

Please check the following file

design/themes/THEME/templates/index.tpl