• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What Is The Effect Of "use Single Url For All Languages" In Seo Addon When "show Language In The Url" Is Enabled? Rate Topic   - - - - -

• alaa
  • Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 22 July 2018 - 03:04 PM #1

Hi, 

In SEO addon settings, I have enabled "Show language in the URL" option because I am using multilingual store. So what is the purpose of "Use single URL for all languages" option? is there any difference between disabling/enabling this setting? 

Thank you. 

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 11322 posts

Posted 22 July 2018 - 09:14 PM #2

You would not have a language specifier in the path.  I.e. example.com/en/foo would turn into example.com/foo for any language in use.

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• alaa
  • Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 23 July 2018 - 08:00 AM #3

You would not have a language specifier in the path.  I.e. example.com/en/foo would turn into example.com/foo for any language in use.

Please note I am talking about "Use single URL for all languages" option. It doesn't add a language specifier. The option that adds a language specifier is "Show language in the URL" option.

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 11322 posts

Posted 23 July 2018 - 08:02 PM #4

Then it would use 'foo' for all languages whether 'foo' has a translation or not.

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• gijoy
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 28 July 2019 - 08:54 PM #5

Is it possible to not have the default language in a subdirectory? Otherwise enabling language in url would ruin all our current urls.

Also language seems to be autoselected based on browser language, however i want to disable that functionality. Is that possible?

• alaa
  • Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 29 July 2019 - 05:06 AM #6

Is it possible to not have the default language in a subdirectory? Otherwise enabling language in url would ruin all our current urls.

You can achieve this by deactivating the option "Show Language in the URL" located in the SEO addon settings. Just go to Addons - Manage Addons - Click on SEO addon and you will find the option. 

Also language seems to be autoselected based on browser language, however i want to disable that functionality. Is that possible?

I am also looking for how to disable this funcationality.

• gijoy
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 30 July 2019 - 11:43 AM #7

You can achieve this by deactivating the option "Show Language in the URL" located in the SEO addon settings. Just go to Addons - Manage Addons - Click on SEO addon and you will find the option.

Well I do want the URL to be shown for secondary languages so those can be directly accessed as well. I suppose that's not possible