• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Make Forbidden Options Disappear Rate Topic   - - - - -

• Mr.Croquet
  • Advanced Member
  • Trial users
  • 52 posts

Posted 18 July 2018 - 01:10 PM #1

When a particular combination of options is 'Forbidden', the 'Forbidden' option is grayed out to let the customer know they don't have that choice open to them. For example, if I choose 'Handle #1" the next option would be the color for that handle. If I choose "Handle #2", that handle has no color option so I would like it to disappear.

The alternate to this would be to have options 'Appear' only when a related option is selected. In the example above, the 'Color' option will not be visible unless the customer first selects 'Handle #1".

Is it possible to have the forbidden option disappear instead of it being grayed out? 

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 17801 posts

Posted 18 July 2018 - 01:39 PM #2

What do you have in Settings -> General -> Exception style ?

GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 345     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    CS-Cart RU                         24500 руб.
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 775     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 545      CS-Cart RU + UniTheme    36000 руб.

• Mr.Croquet
  • Advanced Member
  • Trial users
  • 52 posts

Posted 19 July 2018 - 02:14 AM #3

The Exception Style setting is 'Hide Exception'. The way I interpret the user manual section for this setting, it should make an illegal combination disappear. If it's not disappearing, could it be a flaw or could I be interpreting the manual incorrectly? 

(copied below straight from the manual)

Exception style - The way the system must handle product option exceptions (illegal combination of options:) hide illegal combinations or just show a warning message saying that the chosen combination is illegal and cannot be ordered.

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 17801 posts

Posted 19 July 2018 - 05:54 AM #4

Try to contact CS-Cart support team with this issue

GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 345     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    CS-Cart RU                         24500 руб.
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 775     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 545      CS-Cart RU + UniTheme    36000 руб.

• Mr.Croquet
  • Advanced Member
  • Trial users
  • 52 posts

Posted 19 July 2018 - 11:40 AM #5

Thanks eComLabs. The support team is looking into this issue as well as another. Seems our version has a few problems. Thankfully nothing preventing sales.