• You cannot reply to this topic

Service Unavailable Rate Topic   - - - - -

• ferero
  • Advanced Member
  • Trial users
  • 75 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 04:01 PM #1

Hello All - 

There's an issue am having with my website and this happens VERY sporadically. I noticed that whenever I try to save a particular page, I get an error message "Service Unavailable. Sorry, service is temporarily unavailable." (see attached) However this only happens when I try to save certain pages in my cs cart admin panel. I read somewhere that I need to increase upload_max_filesize, I tried increasing that from 128M to 512M and then to 1000M and that did not fix the problem. Issue still persists.

Again this issue only comes up when hit "save" after working on a page. I'm using Cs Cart ver. 4.2.2

Please any help and/guidance on this will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 10670 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 04:27 PM #2

Right click the service unavailable page and then select "inspect".  The html should contain a comment with the PHP error message that is causing the exception.  It will lead you to the problem.

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• ferero
  • Advanced Member
  • Trial users
  • 75 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 04:41 PM #3

Here's the error message. I have NO idea how to approach this:

<!--
Unknown column 'level' in 'field list' (1054)SELECT `category_id`, `parent_id`, `id_path`, `level` FROM cscart_categories WHERE `category_id` IN (218, 179)

Error at
app/Tygh/Database.php, line: 677

Backtrace
File:app/Tygh/Database.php
Line:333
Function:_error

File:app/Tygh/Database.php
Line:136
Function:query

File:app/functions/fn.database.php
Line:42
Function:getHash

File:app/functions/fn.catalog.php
Line:2649
Function:db_get_hash_array

File:app/functions/fn.catalog.php
Line:2599
Function:fn_change_category_parent

File:app/controllers/backend/categories.php
Line:41
Function:fn_update_category

File:app/functions/fn.control.php
Line:587
Function:include

File:app/functions/fn.control.php
Line:370
Function:fn_run_controller

File:admin1138.php
Line:27
Function:fn_dispatch

-->

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 10670 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 04:46 PM #4

Either your database needs to be repaired or you have some other problem.  'level' is part of the cscart_categories schema in the standard distribution.

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 17613 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 05:55 AM #5

Your CS-Cart version does not contain level column in the cscart_categories  table. It was added later. Looks like you have 3rd party addons which work with categories. They can cause such issues

GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 345     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    CS-Cart RU                         24500 руб.
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 775     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 545      CS-Cart RU + UniTheme    36000 руб.

• ferero
  • Advanced Member
  • Trial users
  • 75 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 05:37 PM #6

How do I know which 3rd party addons are causing the problem then? I have NO idea what's going on and how to fix.

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 10670 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 06:33 PM #7

If you have shell access to your site, you may be able to

grep -R "SELECT.*level' FROM ?:categories" app/addons

And see what comes back.

• ferero
  • Advanced Member
  • Trial users
  • 75 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 08:04 PM #8

I have NO idea how to use Shell commands. I can only do Cpanel or FTP edits.

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 17613 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 06:02 AM #9

How do I know which 3rd party addons are causing the problem then? I have NO idea what's going on and how to fix.

Check addons which work with categories and disable them one by one

GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 345     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    CS-Cart RU                         24500 руб.
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 775     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 545      CS-Cart RU + UniTheme    36000 руб.