Import Orders -> Itemid

Hello,

Are there any instructions on what is Item_ID at import orders -> order items ?

I think you should consider of posting a demo csv for all parts of import

thanks

export csv from demo store

An item id is a system generated id that uses the product_id and the options to generate a unique key. It is how the cart determines if an item has been changed as well as a way to have multiple instances of a product_id in the cart with different option settings.

If you have 2 items in the cart with quantity 1 for the same tee shirt but one's a large and the other is a small, you'll have 2 item_ids. If you go in and change the small to a large, then the cart will be regenerated with a single item and quantity 2 since they are the same product and options specification.

This id must be maintained between export/import so that the math works.

Hope this helps people understand how these ids are used and generated.

Ok, I understand the meaning of Item_ID.

In my case I want to tranfer orders, clients, products of another eshop.

I just want my orders not to be blank (only total price) of products, but also the products to appear inside orders. I do not have any product options.

Do you think is safe to place a random(maybe) item_id inside my csv ?

Ok, I understand the meaning of Item_ID.

In my case I want to tranfer orders, clients, products of another eshop.

I just want my orders not to be blank (only total price) of products, but also the products to appear inside orders. I do not have any product options.

Do you think is safe to place a random(maybe) item_id inside my csv ?

Test it on the demo at first. I think, it should work. The only thing which can have issues - order management

It will probably work till someone tries to change the order (I.e. any order recalculate). Then the results are probably undefined.