• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Strange Urls Generating 404 Page Not Found Rate Topic   - - - - -

Posted 30 June 2018 - 12:10 PM #41

The problem is that these bots seem to seek out CS-Cart specifically because it is so weak.

So why are you still using CS-Cart if other carts have better solutions to this problem? There must be something else about the software that outweighs this huge shortcoming--and for you that is...what?

• P-Pharma
  • Members
  • 1138 posts

Posted 30 June 2018 - 01:22 PM #42

I was not specifically talking about carts but about many types of platforms from CMS, to forum, to cart. CS-Cart has a lot of addons, but nothing in this regard yet.

We have done a lot of custom development on CS-Cart. Quite a few addons on the marketplace were funded by us. Switching to a new platform is on the table, but would require custom development on another platform as well. Which means significant investment of time and money. Therefore any such switch would be a long term possibility. The vulnerability of CS-Cart would be one of many deciding factors. But I do not see that as something that cannot be resolved, but it requires an advanced addon from which pretty much any webmaster would benefit.

• The Tool
  • Been Here Way Too Long Member
  • Members
  • 3801 posts

Posted 30 June 2018 - 01:25 PM #43

How do you even operate an online store under those circumstances? That sounds terrible.

It occurs for about a week once a month and when they start, I block the user agent.  They use about 5 different user agents and the same ones each month.  Yes, I know I could be blocking legitimate users but it's the only way since they are using hundreds of proxy IP's.