Variations As Individual Products On Brand + Category Pages

Hi all - say would you guys know if it's possible with the new variations method, to show each variation (say different colours) as "individual" products on category and brand pages?

Hi all - say would you guys know if it's possible with the new variations method, to show each variation (say different colours) as "individual" products on category and brand pages?

No, it's impossible.

Please, read the manual once again.

Best regards,

Alt-team.

Unfortunately, no

Ok, so it's not possible out of the box. But I guess we could develop something. Do you guys think it makes sense to do this?

Let's say we have a lipstick in 9 colours. For SEO reasons it would make sense to group these under 1 products, right? But on the category page, it would be nice for a customer to see all shades as individual products.

Do you see any problems with this method? (Maybe lots of links going to the same url on category pages?)

For SEO reasons it would make sense to group these under 1 products, right?

Well , we were working along these guidelines for a long time, but decided to go with individual products for a couple of our ranges

https://www.hivis.co.uk/hi-visibility/hi-vis-vests/coloured-hi-vis-vests.html

and

https://www.hivis.co.uk/hi-visibility/hi-vis-vests/leo-w05-coloured-hi-vis-vests.html

We have been running both for a while and dont see any detriment. Good more indexes the category tbh.

Thanks John. It's quite a tough choice for some products....! Love your new website btw - really cool, unique, and fast :)

As far as I can recall it is changing just a single query parameter. I will get back to this tomorrow.

It's not possible right now. But this feature is in the roadmap.

I'm not sure that it will be variations, but still there will be an ability to change the option of a product and switch to another product. - this case will implement the scenario of different colors of the same product.

Thanks John. It's quite a tough choice for some products....! Love your new website btw - really cool, unique, and fast :)

Thumbsup Flow, Im working on seo as we speak and learning a few bits. Ive got an outside guy in, he agrees the "duplicate" content is a minefield, as people do actually search for, "green" hi vis vest "blue" hi vis vest etc and there is nothing hardly to differenciate them except colour, BUT they are search well used terms and different coloured images so we left them/

Otherwise it would end up liake some crap ebay listing with many words in the title. The opinion is long tail keywords and descroptions now that google has increased the meta lengths to 320 (I think)

It's not possible right now. But this feature is in the roadmap.
I'm not sure that it will be variations, but still there will be an ability to change the option of a product and switch to another product. - this case will implement the scenario of different colors of the same product.

There should be an option to display available colors/sizes below the main product on category page as a thumbnail gallery. You can check this out on walmart.com, zara.com, target.com etc.

In my opinion it would meet the requirements of many store owners who want to show that the given product has many different options.

Best regards,
Jacek

Well, they give it a different 'product_type' by which they distinguish the products. If you just remove that part it works fine but it would affect backend as well (line 471 in /app/addons/product_variations/func.php).

If you want to adjust it, do it at your own risk.

There should be an option to display available colors/sizes below the main product on category page as a thumbnail gallery. You can check this out on walmart.com, zara.com, target.com etc.

In my opinion it would meet the requirements of many store owners who want to show that the given product has many different options.

Best regards,
Jacek

hungryweb had an addon for this

https://prnt.sc/kgns3y