• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Change Title Displayed As "menu" Rate Topic   - - - - -

• notlim
  • Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 17 June 2018 - 04:21 PM #1

On my front page on a responsive site, I have a category block displayed as a list (a category list). When I reduce the size of the page to phone size that list is replaced  with the word "menu". I then have 2 menus- the top menu and  the category menu. I find that confusing and would like to change the title of the category menu to read "shopping menu" or "category menu", not just "menu".

How can I do that?

thank you

• galtinbaeva
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 3362 posts

Posted 18 June 2018 - 05:25 AM #2

On my front page on a responsive site, I have a category block displayed as a list (a category list). When I reduce the size of the page to phone size that list is replaced  with the word "menu". I then have 2 menus- the top menu and  the category menu. I find that confusing and would like to change the title of the category menu to read "shopping menu" or "category menu", not just "menu".

How can I do that?

thank you

Hello!

I suppose you use Categories (Category trees) block, then what template do you use? If it is Dropdown vertical, you can change the menu language variable to another one in design/themes/YOUR_THEME/templates/blocks/categories/categories_dropdown_vertical.tpl file.

Simtech Development | sales@simtechdev.com | www.simtechdev.com
CERTIFIED CS-CART PARTNER | LICENSES | DEVELOPMENT | ADD-ONS | DESIGN | UPGRADE

Google Analytics Enhanced Ecommerce - get advanced ecommerce analytics

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 19591 posts

Posted 18 June 2018 - 05:54 AM #3

Try to replace

<span>{__("menu")}</span>
with

<span>{__("block.name")}</span>
then clear cache.

GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 345     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    CS-Cart RU                         24500 руб.
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 775     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 545      CS-Cart RU + UniTheme    36000 руб.