Change Title Displayed As "menu"

On my front page on a responsive site, I have a category block displayed as a list (a category list). When I reduce the size of the page to phone size that list is replaced with the word "menu". I then have 2 menus- the top menu and the category menu. I find that confusing and would like to change the title of the category menu to read "shopping menu" or "category menu", not just "menu".

How can I do that?

thank you

On my front page on a responsive site, I have a category block displayed as a list (a category list). When I reduce the size of the page to phone size that list is replaced with the word "menu". I then have 2 menus- the top menu and the category menu. I find that confusing and would like to change the title of the category menu to read "shopping menu" or "category menu", not just "menu".

How can I do that?

thank you

Hello!

I suppose you use Categories (Category trees) block, then what template do you use? If it is Dropdown vertical, you can change the menu language variable to another one in design/themes/YOUR_THEME/templates/blocks/categories/categories_dropdown_vertical.tpl file.

Try to replace
{__("menu")}
with
{__("block.name")}
then clear cache.

I got the same problem.

If I do exactly what you mentioned i get "BLOCK.NAME" at both of the menus when I reduce the size of the screen (or use mobile). I have a responsive team.

Do you have any idea how to solve this?

Try to use the following code

{$block.name}

Perfect. This works! Thank you.

You are welcome! :)