Unexpected Results With Variants

I am experiencing an unexpected result with importing product data via a csv and the way the product is displayed in cs-cart.
Attached is the csv test file and the store link is below. I have added a line number to the end of both the product name and product description fields (CSV1... CSV16) so that its easy to tell on the store where the data for the name and description is sourcing from in the csv file.
The first variant line in the csv is a "dummy" product, with no price - in order that the cart displays to the visitor two input fields - "please select a size" and "please select a color", without displaying the description and name of the real first product in the csv field (which is what happens without a dummy product and before the customer has chosen which product they want - which I think is a "bug" but my dummy product creates a work around).
1st unexpected result:
If you select the only sub-category available at the store, the resulting product name display is correct but the photo is not. The photo is from the product variants, (csv line 2 thru 9) and not csv line 1 (the configurable product line). I have verified that the image file is correctly loaded in the cs cart image path and have tested it with a different csv import that uses just P type products and not configurable. The file that should be displayed is also attached.
2nd unexpected result:
If you continue and click on "Select options", the size and color selectors display the prompt text and are correct, the product name is correct, and the description is correct.
Now, if you choose a size and color from the dropdowns; you end up with the correct price and product code for the items selected, but the product name and product description remain unchanged and are from line 1 of the csv file - the dummy product. It should be the name and description of the selected variant. If you toggle between the color choices, the correct images is displayed.
Is this a bug with the variants add-on? Or have I got something wrong in the way I've set up the data in the csv fields?
Any help much appreciated....
Adrian
here is the store link: https://www.abtechgroupinc.com/index.php?store_access_key=justforyou

CS Color Test - ABTG Master Catalog (7).csv

KnitFiresleeve300.jpg

UPDATE:

I escalated this issue as a ticket - and also tested the problem with the example data in the documentation.

(documentation example is here: https://docs.cs-cart.com/4.7.x/user_guide/manage_products/import_export/variation_import.html )

The reply from support was that is not a bug - cs cart is designed to present that way......

Other documentation says the product name is what is displayed for that product in the cart - but that is not the case for variants.

The example data shows different product names for each variant - which is useless as cscart does nothing with that.

Very disappointing that only the price and product code is updated on the cart when choosing a variant; the product name and product description should follow along - for complex items this would help to ensure the customer knows he is choosing the correct item.

Try to post it to the bug tracker. May be CS-Cart architects will consider such behaviour as bug