• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Force Use Of Product Templete Rate Topic   - - - - -

• Takestock
  • Members
  • 455 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 04:56 PM #1

Hi guys

I am using a daily deals add-on which insert a timer into product layout when a product is put on promotion,

But when this happens the layout of the product is not great, I know that I can make a new product template and choose to use this, But I have other people working on the sites in my multi store installation and I do not want to rely on them to remember to apply the template.

What I would like to happen is that when a product is added to a promotion that the product will automatically switch to use a template of my choosing.

Any suggestions

Alan

• poppedweb
  • Authorized Reseller
  • Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 05:13 PM #2

Hi guys

I am using a daily deals add-on which insert a timer into product layout when a product is put on promotion,

But when this happens the layout of the product is not great, I know that I can make a new product template and choose to use this, But I have other people working on the sites in my multi store installation and I do not want to rely on them to remember to apply the template.

What I would like to happen is that when a product is added to a promotion that the product will automatically switch to use a template of my choosing.

Any suggestions

Alan

Hello,

You should manipulate the templates/views/products/view.tpl file to check if a promotion exists, if this is the case, it should include your desired template, otherwise, it should do its normal thing.

Kind regards,

PoppedWeb | sales@poppedweb.com | https://poppedweb.com
TurnKey Website Design | Add-Ons | Performance Audits | Dedicated Server Management
24/7 Support | Response within an hour (during working hours).

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 10770 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 05:34 PM #3

Or use an override for that template having the appropriate condition as to whether to use the content or fall back to original. Remember that an override is only valid if it returns content, otherwise it's ignored.

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• Takestock
  • Members
  • 455 posts

Posted 05 May 2018 - 09:06 AM #4

Hi guys

Any suggestions

Alan

While I get the idea the execution is beyond me as I am not a programmer, anyone will in to quote me on this.

Alan

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 10770 posts

Posted 05 May 2018 - 04:21 PM #5

Your best bet would be the developer you bought the add-on from. They should be able to customize for you.

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 17833 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 05:44 AM #6

Our team is at your service. Feel free to contact us using link form my signature

While I get the idea the execution is beyond me as I am not a programmer, anyone will in to quote me on this.

GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 345     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    CS-Cart RU                         24500 руб.
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 775     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 545      CS-Cart RU + UniTheme    36000 руб.