Best Server Configuration For Cs-Cart V4.7.x

What is the best server configuration for performance and compatibility for CS-Cart v4.7.x. Currently have a MariaDB 10.1 database available to use and PHP 5.6-7.2.

Hello there!

Try looking through our WIKI to find the answer.

Contact us if you will need a free consultation.

What is the best server configuration for performance and compatibility for CS-Cart v4.7.x. Currently have a MariaDB 10.1 database available to use and PHP 5.6-7.2.

Hey,

If you really desire pure performance I would recommend ditching MariaDB and installing the latest general release of MySQL 8 along with the innodb memcached extension. We tested it on our platforms and were able to load categories (in a store with 50.000 products) within the 100ms mark reliably.

Furthermore, I would recommend installing ubuntu 18.04 LTS (because of its improved kernel, which gives you about a 20% gain in performance in PHP) along with PHP 7.2.

Lastly, you should install the requirements stated in the wiki Maksim sent. (Redis & NGINX), just be sure to set the 'store prefix' in the config.local.php file in case you have multiple CS-Cart instances.

If you need any more information or require our services, feel free to contact us at info@poppedweb.com

Kind regards,

how installation vps for site??

If you really desire pure performance I would recommend ditching MariaDB and installing the latest general release of MySQL 8 along with the innodb memcached extension. We tested it on our platforms and were able to load categories (in a store with 50.000 products) within the 100ms mark reliably.

I am looking to squeeze every ounce of performance out of the current architecture and platform. The newest version of MySQL 8 has got some of my attention; however, i really believe that the ultimate goal of Oracle is to position MySQL such that MariaDB is no longer an "easy" drop in replacement. I know the MariaDB team will work to get compatible with the latest MySQL but will be curious when they will ultimately throw in the towel on this -- so I'm starting to get very deliberate in my considerations of the long term database.

Ultimately, it would be good to see the platform back out of any proprietary usage such that the system can then easily support other database engines.

But, i really want to see how that memcached extension helps out.

Any documentation on how to set this up? I have installed the extension in mysql, do I need to change anything in cscart?

I would recommend ditching MariaDB and installing the latest general release of MySQL 8 along with the innodb memcached extension. We tested it on our platforms and were able to load categories (in a store with 50.000 products) within the 100ms mark reliably.