• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Fpr Classified Ads Website: Cs-Cart Mv Vs Joomla Vs Wordpress Rate Topic   - - - - -

• Marketo1
  • Trial users
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 April 2018 - 07:25 PM #1

Hi,

I am thinking to start classified ads website, and there are many of them in WP and Joomla. However, I am wondering if MV could also be customized to use as one. I know MV is not built for this but I like user friendliness and functionalities it offers for vendors ( posters in this case).

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 18348 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 05:45 AM #2

Why not? Multi-Vendor is quite flexible platform. Just compare customization price and make decision. 

GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 345     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    CS-Cart RU                         24500 руб.
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 775     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 545      CS-Cart RU + UniTheme    36000 руб.

• Marketo1
  • Trial users
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 09:07 PM #3

Why not? Multi-Vendor is quite flexible platform. Just compare customization price and make decision. 

Actually the cost is similar, I was thinking in terms of functionalities, flexibilities, and future potential. It would be great to start with classifieds and then turn it into MV ecommerce website . 

• imago
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 12 November 2018 - 04:51 AM #4

Actually the cost is similar, I was thinking in terms of functionalities, flexibilities, and future potential. It would be great to start with classifieds and then turn it into MV ecommerce website . 

If it was so easy, ebay would have done it long time ago and add clssifieds as an option to the auction. Instead, even such a rich and experienced ecommerce company prefers to develop stand-alone solutions for classifieds. Take for instance ebay.de and ebay-kleinanzeigen.de 

The latter cannot be turned into an auction site but the listings from ebay.de can be integrated as addon links to the kleinanzeigen. Essentially, you can do the same with CS-Cart by turning on the Catalog mode.

• 12ka4
  • Advanced Member
  • Trial users
  • 94 posts

Posted 12 November 2018 - 07:35 PM #5

Hi,

I am thinking to start classified ads website, and there are many of them in WP and Joomla. However, I am wondering if MV could also be customized to use as one. I know MV is not built for this but I like user friendliness and functionalities it offers for vendors ( posters in this case).

Did you look at GeoDesic? I have a licence, it is probably most light weight and easy to use platform designed for classifieds. 

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 10955 posts

Posted 12 November 2018 - 09:18 PM #6

Overhead and time required to get a person setup to post one classified ad would be overwhelming in MVE.  If your customers would be repeat customers, then it might be worth it to them. 

Instead of MVE, why not just use standard cs-cart with an addon developed to allow people to request an ad be posted in a particular category and for them to provide the payment methods needed to give them the payment minus some kind of commission.  .You could then auto create the product from a simplified form.  MVE would be overkill

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.