• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Change Product Names For 1 Storefront Quickly Rate Topic   - - - - -

• Flow
  • Super Duper and Amazingly Sexy Senior
  • Members
  • 2058 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 03:55 PM #1

Hi! I have a little issue I hope you guys can help me with.

I have a setup with 2 storefronts. Some products are owned by store 1, others by store 2.

Now, I'd like to put a word (the brand name) in front of the product names for 1 store, so that the invoices and packing slips sort per brand. I do not want this to happen on the other store.

I thought I could make this work with an export - import but I can't seem to get it to do what I want.

I can make an excel sheet so that all the products get the correct name but with the different stores, I'm not sure how to import it correctly. 

Would someone know a way to do this? I'd be very grateful. Thanks :)

I can make an excel sheet so that all the products get the correct name. 

When life hands you lemons, bring on the Tequila baby!

• johnbol1
  • Never Re
  • Members
  • 4260 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 04:49 PM #2

not sure if I understand 100% Flow but can you filter the spreadsheet by store name and delete all the ones from the not needed store before import

Custom printed hi visibility clothing sale the UK's online hivis safety shop
v4.5.2

• Flow
  • Members
  • 2058 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 05:04 PM #3

not sure if I understand 100% Flow but can you filter the spreadsheet by store name and delete all the ones from the not needed store before import

Yes, that I know. But I want to change the product names for all products, which have mixed main stores, for 1 storefront only. 

• johnbol1
  • Never Re
  • Members
  • 4260 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 05:40 PM #4

I see, eg, 1 product shared between 3 stores but you want the name different in 1 store ?

Yep seems problematic :shock:

Custom printed hi visibility clothing sale the UK's online hivis safety shop
v4.5.2

• Flow
  • Members
  • 2058 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 06:39 PM #5

It's possible to rename the products belonging to the 1st store on the product pages of the 2nd store. But I can't find a way to do it with a mass edit.

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 10551 posts

Posted 29 March 2018 - 12:28 AM #6

You can't do it when changing to the context of the desired company?

If you know the mapping, you can do it via phpMyAdmin given the company_id is part of each row in the cscart_product_descriptions table.  If you have the "Brand" in some other area like a feature, you could probably do it with a JOIN to that feature and then use a mysql concat() string function to append the brand name.....

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 17267 posts

Posted 29 March 2018 - 06:02 AM #7

In phpMyAdmin you can check cscart_ult_product_descriptions table. You should find all rows for required company_id and change value of the product column.

GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 345     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    CS-Cart RU                         24500 руб.
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 775     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 545      CS-Cart RU + UniTheme    36000 руб.

• Flow
  • Members
  • 2058 posts

Posted 29 March 2018 - 11:07 AM #8

So I found a trick that worked: I went into All Supppliers, searched there per manufacturer feature, and then did a mass edit. There I switched to the storefront I wanted to change the names for and used a Chrome extenstion (https://chrome.googl...ejbgmpijgmoknnl) to add the names into the forms. 

However... it doesn't solve my problem: The products on orders, invoices and packing slips are still sorted by product name, but it uses the names the products have in All Suppliers  or the main storefront - not the name of the current store. Makes sense? No. But it's certainly true.

So I guess my question is now: How can I sort the products nicely per brand and then product name of all Suppliers, or... simply per product name of the store the order is in?