Change Product Names For 1 Storefront Quickly

Hi! I have a little issue I hope you guys can help me with.

I have a setup with 2 storefronts. Some products are owned by store 1, others by store 2.

Now, I'd like to put a word (the brand name) in front of the product names for 1 store, so that the invoices and packing slips sort per brand. I do not want this to happen on the other store.

I thought I could make this work with an export - import but I can't seem to get it to do what I want.

I can make an excel sheet so that all the products get the correct name but with the different stores, I'm not sure how to import it correctly.

Would someone know a way to do this? I'd be very grateful. Thanks :)

<p>I can make an excel sheet so that all the products get the correct name. </p>

not sure if I understand 100% Flow but can you filter the spreadsheet by store name and delete all the ones from the not needed store before import

not sure if I understand 100% Flow but can you filter the spreadsheet by store name and delete all the ones from the not needed store before import

Yes, that I know. But I want to change the product names for all products, which have mixed main stores, for 1 storefront only.

I see, eg, 1 product shared between 3 stores but you want the name different in 1 store ?

Yep seems problematic :shock:

It's possible to rename the products belonging to the 1st store on the product pages of the 2nd store. But I can't find a way to do it with a mass edit.

You can't do it when changing to the context of the desired company?

If you know the mapping, you can do it via phpMyAdmin given the company_id is part of each row in the cscart_product_descriptions table. If you have the "Brand" in some other area like a feature, you could probably do it with a JOIN to that feature and then use a mysql concat() string function to append the brand name.....

In phpMyAdmin you can check cscart_ult_product_descriptions table. You should find all rows for required company_id and change value of the product column.

So I found a trick that worked: I went into All Supppliers, searched there per manufacturer feature, and then did a mass edit. There I switched to the storefront I wanted to change the names for and used a Chrome extenstion (https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/find-replace-for-text-edi/jajhdmnpiocpbpnlpejbgmpijgmoknnl) to add the names into the forms.

However... it doesn't solve my problem: The products on orders, invoices and packing slips are still sorted by product name, but it uses the names the products have in All Suppliers or the main storefront - not the name of the current store. Makes sense? No. But it's certainly true.

So I guess my question is now: How can I sort the products nicely per brand and then product name of all Suppliers, or... simply per product name of the store the order is in?