Google Sitemap Addon Gets Hung On Processing Features

I'm trying to regenerate my site's sitemap.xml file by clicking the "Regenerate a sitemap" button, but every time I do that the progress bar goes fairly quickly from left to right and then hangs on "Processing Features." See picture. Help appreciated.

[attachment=13081:processing.jpg]

processing.jpg

Also there is no sitemap available at the URL where it says there should be, namely:

index.php?dispatch=xmlsitemap.view

Whenever I try to go there I get a 404 not found.

Another sitemap adress is www.sitename.com/sitemap.xml .

Thanks. But that doesn't work either.

If you are getting an error when generating the site map, I don't think you should expect one to be there (anywhere). Suggest you review your error_log to see if you had any PHP failures during sitemap generation.

May be timeout issue?

Nothing in error_log.

May be timeout issue?

How would I know, and how would I fix that?

Nothing in error_log.

How would I know, and how would I fix that?

Well if you use NGINX you just search for 'timeout' in the error.log file (default location on unix var/logs/nginx). If this seems to be the case you just increase the time till a timeout (PHP can't override it as NGINX just kills the process).

Well if you use NGINX you just search for 'timeout' in the error.log file (default location on unix var/logs/nginx). If this seems to be the case you just increase the time till a timeout (PHP can't override it as NGINX just kills the process).

And if I'm not using NGINX?

And if I'm not using NGINX?

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/mod/core.html#timeout

Not sure how that helps me...

In WHM's apache config, change 'Timeout'. The default value is 300, but some hostings drop this down significantly. If it's at 300, take it up to 600.

In WHM's apache config, change 'Timeout'. The default value is 300, but some hostings drop this down significantly. If it's at 300, take it up to 600.

OK thanks. I did that, but it still hangs just the same.

Did you restart Apache after you made the change? Not sure if WHM does that for you or not.

Unfortunately, cs-cart doesn't do much in the way of logging these admin type activities (sitemaps, import/export, etc.). Doesn't even really report errors other than maybe a 'skipped' count in the output data. But you'd be hard pressed to find out why something (or what) was skipped.

Did you restart Apache after you made the change? Not sure if WHM does that for you or not.

Unfortunately, cs-cart doesn't do much in the way of logging these admin type activities (sitemaps, import/export, etc.). Doesn't even really report errors other than maybe a 'skipped' count in the output data. But you'd be hard pressed to find out why something (or what) was skipped.

Yes, WHM told me to restart Apache after I changed the timeout setting, and I went ahead and did that.

So I opened a support ticket for this with CS Cart helpdesk. They responded very quickly, which surprised me since this is the weekend. They said there one of my third party addons must be conflicting with the sitemap add-on because when they disabled all third party addons, it executed as expected and created the sitemap.

So I guess I need to go through the third party addons one by one and see which one is causing the problem.

Found it. It's the Blog add-on by Cart Power.

I am having a similar problem. I am getting a 404 error when I try to visit my sitemap url. When I try to generate the sitemap, The bar does not get very far and the dialog box disappears quickly. I tried turning off third party add-ons, and that didn't work. I couldn't find anything about it in my error logs.

The fix for me is to disable the Cart Power blog addon because Cart Power told me the only way to fix it is to upgrade (for a fee of course). I intend to disable the blog addon when I have time. Which might be a month or two. In the mean time, I can generate a sitemap any time I want by temporarily disabling the blog addon, generating the sitemap, and then re-enabling.

I tried disabling all 3rd party addons, but the sitemap still does not work for me. I even tried disabling every addon aside from the google sitemap, and that didn't help either.