• ikoshkin
  • Tech Writer
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 402 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 12:57 PM #101

If you're asking about this:

So the scenario will be 
1. You import products
2. Switch to product list and select Recently updated search.
3. Select the products and apply the required categories to them like this: https://www.evernote...ud6-yloTMETLiM 

Then it already works at the demo: just select a few products at once, and you'll be able to easily add/remove categories in bulk. That functionality was introduced in version 4.9.1. So, if all products are already created in your store, and you've assigned the desired categories to them in bulk manually, then you can simply update quantities without assigning categories.

But if you're asking about category mapping in the Advanced Product Import, then unfortunately I can't say if/when it happens. It all depends on how many of our clients request that functionality.

• crazyshark20
  • Members
  • 300 posts

Posted 23 February 2019 - 11:13 AM #102

Hi ikoshkin thanks to reply

I'm asking about category mapping.

I am in contact with more than one company to grow and grow more. I want them to get xml or csv out of office programs.
There are thousands of products in multiple product categories.
It takes a lot of time to add to the site, for category matching.
Because the products in the given xml and csv files exist in dozens of categories that they create according to the name they specify.

I think that the majority of people who solve this problem by developing different solutions by their own means. Example libreoffice. Add all the products into one category and then match the category names one by one by replacing them with libreoffice, and finally import them. :)

I hope that as soon as the plugin is added to the feature.
Thank you for listening.

• imago
  • Members
  • 461 posts

Posted 23 February 2019 - 07:48 PM #103

The most simple and practical category mapping is the following one:

Suppose your provider gives you a list of 10000 products in 200 categories. In most cases they will have some particular ID (IDP). If they don't, make a correspondence map between the provided categories and your own category IDs in the cs-cart (IDCS), like this

IDP   Category                        IDCS

1       Books                             540

2       Paintings                        578

3       Books about paintings   540, 578

You can describe the imported categories by 2 or 3 of your categories, as many as you need to cover the volume of the original category

Then let CS-Cart architects only design/introduce an option to accept the catID instead of the full-path-to-the-category 

• adim
  • Trial users
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 July 2019 - 08:40 PM #104

Hi,

Can you give me an option to set the price according to certain values (levels) from import file csv or xml?

Example:

Price from 0 to 10 -> mul($value, 1.50)

Price from 10 to 50 -> mul($value, 1.30)

Price from 50 to 100 -> mul($value, 1.20)

Is there any option right now to solve this situation or do you plan to do this option?

Also, I want to subscribe to the option for category mapping  :-)

Thank you.

• johnbol1
  • Never Re
  • Members
  • 4609 posts

Posted 09 July 2019 - 11:04 AM #105

Hi,

Can you give me an option to set the price according to certain values (levels) from import file csv or xml?

Example:

Is there any option right now to solve this situation or do you plan to do this option?

Thank you.

Import quantity discounts csv

https://forum.cs-car...-import-export/

Custom printed hi visibility clothing sale the UK's online hivis safety shop
v4.5.2

• adim
  • Trial users
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 07:30 PM #106

Import quantity discounts csv

https://forum.cs-car...-import-export/

Hi johnbol1, thank you for your answer, but this add-on is not an option for me. I dont need discount for quantity, I need to add a big addition for cheap products at import from csv or xml.

Example: for products with price from 0 to 20 euro from my supplier, I want to set my addition +50%, for products from 20 to 100 euro, I want to set my addition +20%, etc. , from the same feed csv/xml. To change the prices after I make the import of products is not an option, because the feed is set up on cron job to daily update for stock (quatity) and price. So, if I change the prices after import, these will be updated in the next day with the prices from import feed.

I need an option to make this differential addition with Modifiers Functions from Advanced Import of Products add-on. I think, one option can be the possibility to use more than one function for the same import field. Example, combination of functions MUL and IF -> if($value<"20", mul($value, 1.5), mul($value, 1.2))

Do you plan to add possibility to use more than one function for the same import field? (question for cscart team)

• crazyshark20
  • Members
  • 300 posts

Posted 15 July 2019 - 10:04 AM #107

No one needs category mapping?? its inreresting

• jomapel
  • Trial users
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 July 2019 - 12:42 PM #108

Hi,

Example:

Thank you.

Hello

Someone from CS-CART member can help us with this problem?

Thank you

CS-Cart v.1.3.5 SP3

• ValiD
  • Trial users
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 August 2019 - 07:16 PM #109

Hello,
we created a feed, which runs more often, to update the stock and price of the products. The problem is that I can't map the list prices and the reduced price.

It works perfectly when importing products that have a list price and a low price. I do not know how to set the price to appear for products that are not discounted.

Prices change daily and some come in discount, others go out. Please let me know what formula I need to go to the edit box.

Thank you

• teosu
  • Members
  • 621 posts

Posted 22 August 2019 - 02:44 PM #110

Hi i leave simtech dev xml & CSV import addon.  but advanced product import doesnt have category mapping, any news about that ? or any extra addon solution for this ?

• teosu
  • Members
  • 621 posts

Posted 22 August 2019 - 02:45 PM #111

also i want ask i want import just new products, and old products need only update price stock , how can i set up for this ?

• crazyshark20
  • Members
  • 300 posts

Posted 23 August 2019 - 08:42 AM #112

Hi i leave simtech dev xml & CSV import addon.  but advanced product import doesnt have category mapping, any news about that ? or any extra addon solution for this ?

Hi teosu i say many time but no one say anything so cs-cart team didnt work for this??

• ValiD
  • Trial users
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 August 2019 - 10:02 AM #113

Hello,
mapping the categories is very important. I do not understand why this option does not exist in the import module.

You cannot do complete product upload automation unless you can map the categories.

Without the possibility of mapping the categories, the import module is incomplete, and a very important component is missing.

• crazyshark20
  • Members
  • 300 posts

Posted 26 August 2019 - 02:22 PM #114

if someone do or share category mapping for default addon its useful everybody

• teosu
  • Members
  • 621 posts

Posted 26 August 2019 - 05:24 PM #115

I dont understant nothing perfect with cs-cart , you have to pay much more custom development if you want good things... my an important bug wait almost 2 month on bug tracker ...