• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Google Search Showing Category/subcategory In Product Title Rate Topic   - - - - -

• sycorp
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 05:18 PM #1

I'm trying to figure out how to stop Google search results from showing the category/subcategory in the product title. For for a product named "Nilfisk Euroclean GD930 HEPA Vacuum", this is what shows: 

Abatement :: HEPA Vacuums :: Nilfisk Euroclean GD930 HEPA ...

We do have the SEO addon on activated (CScart 4.7.1), with Product URL set to include category/subcategory. I'd prefer not to have to turn it off and lose that functionality, and also have tons of redirects to worry about. 

Is there any other way to force google to not use the URL for the search result title? 

Thanks, 

Malcolm

Malcolm Gray
Sycorp Environmental Inc.
www.sycorp.ca

• cscartrocks
  • Members
  • 1609 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 06:38 PM #2

I'm trying to figure out how to stop Google search results from showing the category/subcategory in the product title. For for a product named "Nilfisk Euroclean GD930 HEPA Vacuum", this is what shows: 

Abatement :: HEPA Vacuums :: Nilfisk Euroclean GD930 HEPA ...

We do have the SEO addon on activated (CScart 4.7.1), with Product URL set to include category/subcategory. I'd prefer not to have to turn it off and lose that functionality, and also have tons of redirects to worry about. 

Is there any other way to force google to not use the URL for the search result title? 

Thanks, 

Malcolm

Hi, our SEO Ultimate addon will solve this problem automactially. Please feel free to have a check.

One Step Checkout Addon - The ultimate checkout experience
Best CS-Cart SEO addon - CS-Cart SEO Ultimate Addon
PM for quality custom work/project

• The Tool
  • Been Here Way Too Long Member
  • Members
  • 3654 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 01:27 AM #3

If you leave the product's page title blank, CS will use the product name and category as you describe.

• sycorp
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 02:24 AM #4

If you leave the product's page title blank, CS will use the product name and category as you describe.

Thanks! 

Malcolm Gray
Sycorp Environmental Inc.
www.sycorp.ca

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 17999 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 05:27 AM #5

If title is not defined, it is generated from breadcrumbs. As a result, you see title in such a way.

This behaviour can be changed in the design/themes/THEME/templates/index.tpl file

{if $page_title}
    {$page_title}
{else}
    {foreach from=$breadcrumbs item=i name="bkt"}
        {if $language_direction == 'rtl'}
            {if !$smarty.foreach.bkt.last}{if !$smarty.foreach.bkt.last && !$smarty.foreach.bkt.first} :: {/if}{$i.title|strip_tags}{/if}
        {else}
            {if !$smarty.foreach.bkt.first}{$i.title|strip_tags}{if !$smarty.foreach.bkt.last} :: {/if}{/if}
        {/if}
    {/foreach}
    {if !$skip_page_title && $location_data.title}{if $breadcrumbs|count > 1} - {/if}{$location_data.title}{/if}
{/if}

You can also use index:title hook to do it

GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 345     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    CS-Cart RU                         24500 руб.
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 775     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 545      CS-Cart RU + UniTheme    36000 руб.