Remove Items From Admin Menu Based On User Group Id

I have attached a pic of my administration menu bars. I need to remove the marked items from the menu based on user group id. I have 5 different user groups, but only need one to be restricted from viewing these items.

sorry forgot to attache my pic

admin_menu_custom.JPG

So if you disable all permissions for the user group, these menu items are still displayed?

The only permission this user group has is to create an order. So I disabled everything else and the result is the image that I attached.

The only permission this user group has is to create an order. So I disabled everything else and the result is the image that I attached.

In this case, it is a bug. Try to contact support team with this issue or post it to the bug tracker

I was able to do it, but had to change the template file: menu.tpl

I check for the user group id:

{assign var="display_menu" value="1"}

{if 22|in_array:$auth.usergroup_ids}
{assign var=“display_menu” value=“0”}
{/if}

Then having the $display_menu variable set, I can turn off menu items. In this example, I check if the home button should be displayed. In my case, if the group id is equal to 22, then it will not display it.

{if $display_menu == 1}

• {/if}

I hope this helps someone else facing the same issue. I'm not sure if this is good practice or if there is a better way to do it, but at least it works.

Hi there,

I am wanting to do something similar.

I notice that if you create a new administrator, it automatically assigns it to "Admin - root" & "Admin - orders" ... Is there a way to stop this? I just want it assigned to my custom user group...

Thanks...