• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Gdpr Policy In The Eu Rate Topic   - - - - -

• dvsgr
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 1426 posts

Posted 15 May 2018 - 03:34 PM #41

Hi guys

we finished the downgrade for all CS-Cart Versions down to 40x, and also preparing an extension of the basic GDPR addon to a more advanced version with lots of autoamtions and features compared to the original

You can have a look here https://www.cscart.b...-cs-cart4x.html

Price is 59 €  for the donwgrade including the advanced extension after the 25th of May,

Fotis

Ps we are offering a partner discount for more copies if you want to install it on your clients Store. please PM

Fotis Kourmadas
Cs-Cart Development - Cs-Cart Authorized Reseller 

• Flow
  • Super Duper and Amazingly Sexy Senior
  • Members
  • 2099 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 06:41 AM #42

Hello,

is it 100% obligatory to to send newsletter to all existing customers and ask them explicitly to agree with new Privacy Policy?

I am sure 95% of recipients will not even open this email, but it does not mean they want to close the account or will not buy again in the future. They just do not care about GDPR emails from hundreds of companies they have registered in the past 20 years. What happens in this case? Do I have to delete all these customers or what? Any idea how to do it right without disturbing customers? (looks like "law makers" did not care that much about customers from this point of view).

It's not obligatory at all. If your customers gave consent before, you should be fine.

When life hands you lemons, bring on the Tequila baby!

• sok777
  • Members
  • 338 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 07:03 AM #43

Here comes the point. Before all the customers agreed to terms and conditions just by visiting the web. Means all emails, etc are kept in DB until customer asks to delete it. Does it consider as a consent? Or they have to confirm the consent again?

• johnbol1
  • Never Re
  • Members
  • 4298 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 05:00 PM #44

Im sick of recieving these bloody GDPR must opt in again emails, hundreds of them

Custom printed hi visibility clothing sale the UK's online hivis safety shop
v4.5.2

• sok777
  • Members
  • 338 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 05:11 PM #45

All this GDPR has nothing to do with real privacy protection. Most silly thing after cookie notification law. New excuse to collect more money with no reason and get more control of sensetive info of all the people in EU. I will not be surprised if In couple of years they will deside that only one email address is allowed per person and it has to be approved by Data Protection authority.

• The Tool
  • Been Here Way Too Long Member
  • Members
  • 3617 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 10:11 PM #46

All I can say is I sure am glad I am on the other side of the pond.

• sok777
  • Members
  • 338 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 10:12 PM #47

I noticed that for some reason GDPR checkbox is not available for contact form. Did they forget about it?

Also small disadvantage of tooltip. It is covering "send button" in many occasions, it is anoying. May be it is better to add an option to use simple link to the corresponding part of Privacy Policy instead of tooltip?

• sok777
  • Members
  • 338 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 02:07 AM #48

Looks like standard GDPR addon does not work correct for Ultimate edition. Checkout notice (checkbox) only works fine for the main store. Someone has the same issue?