Eu Legislation On Cookies In 2018

"... you must ask users if they agree to most cookies and similar technologies (e.g. web beacons, Flash cookies, etc.) before the site starts to use them." - http://ec.europa.eu/ipg/basics/legal/cookies/index_en.htm .
So, site cannot send (most) cookies without user's click on "I agree". How this situation can be handled in CS-Cart 4.3.9?

I use this

https://www.hungryweb.net/cs-cart-addons/cookie-law-responsive.html

I piss on the EU and its minions, we do not use nay cookie law response. It is a dead letter anyhow for small business in the Netherlands. If you have a major publication of some sort then they law applies but still I would urge anyone of you to stop hosting your website within a EU jurisdiction.

At anyrate why does a Breixiter even wants to abite by a EU law which is not common law like English law ?

I piss on the EU and its minions, we do not use nay cookie law response. It is a dead letter anyhow for small business in the Netherlands. If you have a major publication of some sort then they law applies but still I would urge anyone of you to stop hosting your website within a EU jurisdiction.

At anyrate why does a Breixiter even wants to abite by a EU law which is not common law like English law ?

Have you been smoking the weed maybe ? :mrgreen:

Have you been smoking the weed maybe ? :mrgreen:

No I am other meds :grin: cup cake

But if user don't click "I agree" and browse site, cookies are send and site are breaking law?

P.S. Mongoose, you are brave man. :)

But The law states customer must be asked or informed only, so you are not breaking the law if you inform, at that point the customer can leave the site or stay, if the stay it is acceptance.

"In other words, you must ask users if they agree to most cookies and similar technologies (e.g. web beacons, Flash cookies, etc.) before the site starts to use them."

But The law states customer must be asked or informed only, so you are not breaking the law if you inform, at that point the customer can leave the site or stay, if the stay it is acceptance.

"In other words, you must ask users if they agree to most cookies and similar technologies (e.g. web beacons, Flash cookies, etc.) before the site starts to use them."

Listen I understand your position in this but you have to agree that this is a law which has not basis in common law but plainly is a EU directive / dictate.

In the Netherlands at least the law is not enforced upon small businesses but it is for large publications like a newspaper / media outlet.

Perhaps we are lucky but then again we may not. We are still in the EU for better but more like for worse. PS if I were a British entrepeneur I would have voted YES LEAVE in the Brexit referendum back in 2016 or was it 2015 ? Can't remember right away.

And before you ask I am pro fossil fuels and anti UN, anti NATO, anti totalitarianism. I am pro free market but in favor of nationalism.

Anyway... we derail. Perhaps you have to comply but we do not (yet). We only say people leave our store when we had to mandate that the customer should agree to accept cookies. It scared the shit out of our customers and we are not alone in this. But perhaps it takes brave people to fight for freedom.

Interesting law, anyone can interpret differently. :)

Interesting law, anyone can interpret differently. :)

Also depends on the prio of your government

Im not here to discuss politics, and am not interested in anyone elses view on politics, I am just answering a question from a fellow forum member. The addon does what is required.

It's going to change again this year. I believe pop-ups won't be necessary anymore, just having the info on your website with a direct linnk would be enough.

Im not here to discuss politics, and am not interested in anyone elses view on politics, I am just answering a question from a fellow forum member. The addon does what is required.

Did not mean to make it political, but I am justing saying the implementation might be on the way out for the rest EU jurisdiction as well.

And I am glad to read that is going to change like Flow mentioned. However in our case, in case if you are located in The Netherlands you will not be bothered since our gov does not have the resources to do a follow up and and I glad they do not have those resources.

Thank you for using our add-on, but please notice that is only noticed customers that store uses cookies, is not also stopping any cookie to be saved on customer machine :D

Cookies are saved automatically by cs-cart, analytics, facebook ...

I've checked the hivis website. It's not convenient to browse the website through a mobile phone if I don't agree with the fact that the cookies are used! The pop-up window is too big for a mobile device, so I have to agree with cookies or leave the website. Have you checked the google analytics if the percent of exits on mobile devices is increased? How the users reacted to such pop-up notice?

I've checked the hivis website. It's not convenient to browse the website through a mobile phone if I don't agree with the fact that the cookies are used! The pop-up window is too big for a mobile device, so I have to agree with cookies or leave the website. Have you checked the google analytics if the percent of exits on mobile devices is increased? How the users reacted to such pop-up notice?

But Isnt that the point, agree or leave ?

But Isnt that the point, agree or leave ?

No, it's not the main point. I'm just interesting.

How do the mobile users behave seeing the big popup with info about the cookies on the screen? Visiting your website on mobile for the first time, I feel myself uncomfortable as I expect to see your main page first, but see an aggressive popup window on the half of the screen that forces me to agree with your rules. To say the truth, first 2 seconds I tried to understand if I open the right website. Have you noticed any changes in bounce rate for new mobile users? Maybe, it's just me who feel uncomfortable visiting your store for the first time. Yes, you should follow the law but you must also think how to do it without hurting your website statistic. Maybe it doesn't hurt, that's why I asked you! As for me, It will be good if the "cookies" window on the mobile screen will be smaller and not so aggressive orange.

How do the mobile users behave seeing the big popup with info about the cookies on the screen? Visiting your website on mobile for the first time, I feel myself uncomfortable as I expect to see your main page first, but see an aggressive popup window on the half of the screen that forces me to agree with your rules. To say the truth, first 2 seconds I tried to understand if I open the right website. Have you noticed any changes in bounce rate for new mobile users? Maybe, it's just me who feel uncomfortable visiting your store for the first time. Yes, you should follow the law but you must also think how to do it without hurting your website statistic. Maybe it doesn't hurt, that's why I asked you! As for me, It will be good if the "cookies" window on the mobile screen will be smaller and not so aggressive orange.

In the region of Europe we are used to this. They have even made special chrome extensions to automatically accept the usage of cookies.

Yes your right, it could be smaller, and the colour is somethkng I didnt think about as I do not see the warning since I accepted it last time, before the design was created by Anton at your place.

Ill change the colour, thanks

In the region of Europe we are used to this. They have even made special chrome extensions to automatically accept the usage of cookies.

Every chrome extension is installed by a person intentionally, even in Europe. I don't think that most of the people are installing all extensions that are useful for them on every device (desktop, laptop, tablet and etc.). People are so lazy to think about all possible useful extensions and they don't care about it. And it's absolutely normal thing. You should take it into consideration.