How To Create A User Group Only Views The Products Need Approval

Hi,

I need to create a User Group that can only views any pending product needs approval. This user group suppose not to give approval, but only checks the data entries of the pending products.

Thanks

I am afraid, it is not possible out of the box

Is it possible to create user groups who can only change the shipping status of an order which is assigned to them? Like the admin will assign them to particular order, and when the login, they will change the shipping status of the order.

I am afraid, it is not possible out of the box

Many thanks for your reply.

Hi Jamalla,

This may sound stupid, But can't you achieve that by adding a new entry to privileges table, and creating a new controller which will check if that privilege is enabled to list the products which are pending for approval? So if you have a user group with only the new privilege, all they will be allowed to do is to view the list of products which are pending for approval.

Hi Jamalla,

This may sound stupid, But can't you achieve that by adding a new entry to privileges table, and creating a new controller which will check if that privilege is enabled to list the products which are pending for approval? So if you have a user group with only the new privilege, all they will be allowed to do is to view the list of products which are pending for approval.

Hi Pradeesh,
Thanks for the reply. I am a programmer, but I am still not familiar with the coding within cs-cart. So I am not sure if doing that is possible .. But sure I will give it a try.

Thanks

Hi Jamalla,

You can use this for creating a basic addon. Under queries part in addon.xml, you can add two extra items

REPLACE INTO ?:privileges (privilege, is_default, section_id) VALUES ('view_prod_pending', 'Y', 'administration')
        DELETE FROM ?:privileges WHERE privilege = 'view_prod_pending'

To automatically add the privileges field when the you install the plugin. You can check out other custom plugin's directory structure to understand how to create new controllers and schemas. Also, you can use this to create a basic skeleton of the add-on. Hope that helps.

Hi Jamalla,

You can use this for creating a basic addon. Under queries part in addon.xml, you can add two extra items

REPLACE INTO ?:privileges (privilege, is_default, section_id) VALUES ('view_prod_pending', 'Y', 'administration')
        DELETE FROM ?:privileges WHERE privilege = 'view_prod_pending'

To automatically add the privileges field when the you install the plugin. You can check out other custom plugin's directory structure to understand how to create new controllers and schemas. Also, you can use this to create a basic skeleton of the add-on. Hope that helps.

I am really grateful for your help. Thanks indeed ..