Finding A Specific Template

I spend a lot of time looking for specific templates to edit them. I've read through the User Guide and Designer Guide on templates and tried searching the forum for anything relevant.

The list (tree) of templates is broken down into a tree with folders and files. Is there some way of expanding this tree or searching for a template name (eg: "Copyright information") to find it easily?

I spend a lot of time looking for specific templates to edit them. I've read through the User Guide and Designer Guide on templates and tried searching the forum for anything relevant.

The list (tree) of templates is broken down into a tree with folders and files. Is there some way of expanding this tree or searching for a template name (eg: "Copyright information") to find it easily?

Hello!

You can find some class or id in the page source and search for it in design folder.

All templates of static blocks are located here

design/themes/THEME/templates/blocks/static_templates

Thank you both for your replies. Unfortunately, it doesn't answer my question. When I am looking for a specifi .tpl file on the templates.manage page, it presents the theme and several layers of folders (eg: css, layouts, mail, media, styles, templates and several sub-folders and sub-sub folders). I have to dig through all those folders through each layer until the .tpl file is found.

Is it possible to see a map of those folders and .tpl files? Or expand ALL folders to show the .tpl files Or do a search for a specific .tpl file name?

I am afraid, there is no such ability

Thank you both for your replies. Unfortunately, it doesn't answer my question. When I am looking for a specifi .tpl file on the templates.manage page, it presents the theme and several layers of folders (eg: css, layouts, mail, media, styles, templates and several sub-folders and sub-sub folders). I have to dig through all those folders through each layer until the .tpl file is found.

Is it possible to see a map of those folders and .tpl files? Or expand ALL folders to show the .tpl files Or do a search for a specific .tpl file name?

You wrote that you read the designer guide, and there is the templates documentation there with the explanation of templates structure. So all templates are located in the templates folder except mail templates (mail folder). If you know the template name, this is not a problem to find it in your file manager.

If you use the on-site editing described at the end of this comment, it will reveal the template being used and you can click on it to open it.

If you know which template you are looking for by name, another way I sometimes use is expanding the cs-cart installation zip file on my computer and then searching the folder on my local computer first. Then use that as a clew to look for it on the server. Or sometimes I use the file manager or ftp client to search the server.

If you are looking to see which template is used on an area of the site, you can go to Design : Templates on the admin panel and click the gear icon on the upper right and choose on site editing. Then when you hover over the edit icons which appear over each area, it will show the template being used.